“Hullabaloo Caneck Caneck”
|Category: Corporate Police State|
Regional Influence: Truckler
The Democratic Federation of Gig em Aggies is a colossal, economically powerful nation, ruled by Chief Justice D R Pepper with an iron fist, and notable for its parental licensing program. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 9.924 billion are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, moralistic, pro-business government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Law & Order, and Commerce. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Reveille City. The average income tax rate is 100%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry.
Space shuttles regularly launch rubbish into space, construction of the Really Big Hadron Collider is underway, students who refuse to pray are expelled from school, and the government has the power to seize property at will. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Gig em Aggies's national animal is the Sauroposeidon, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Christianity, and its currency is the Reveille.
Most Recent Government Activity: 5 hours ago
- 8 hours ago: Gig em Aggies voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Right to Adequate Sanitation".
- 9 hours ago: Following new legislation in Gig em Aggies, the government has the power to seize property at will.
- 21 hours ago: Following new legislation in Gig em Aggies, students who refuse to pray are expelled from school.
- 2 days 2 hours ago: Gig em Aggies published "Secretary of Tourism" (Factbook: Overview).
- 3 days 3 hours ago: Gig em Aggies voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Anarchy".
- 4 days ago: Gig em Aggies voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Responsible Armaments Trading".
- 4 days ago: Gig em Aggies was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extreme.
- 4 days ago: Gig em Aggies was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Extreme.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Gig em Aggies, construction of the Really Big Hadron Collider is underway.
- 6 days ago: Gig em Aggies lodged a message on the Texas Regional Message Board.