The Concordium of Independent Planets is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Chief Executive Mark Halpert with a fair hand, and notable for its ubiquitous missile silos, public floggings, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 24.112 billion Planetians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Spirituality, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Saint Francis. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Planetian economy, worth a remarkable 8,077 trillion credits a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Information Technology. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an amazing 335,000 credits, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Citizens have to dodge their neighbor's drones while getting the morning paper, the new coalition government has 99 problems and can't agree on how to fix one, criminals and college students are taking an interest in the government's new weed-killing program, and motorcycle riders are required to wear so much gear they've been nicknamed "Stay Pufts". Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Independent Planets's national animal is the ox, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Independent Planets was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Extensive Public Healthcare.
- : Independent Planets was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Independent Planets was endorsed by The Dab of Indian Empire.
- : Independent Planets was removed from the regional ban list of Singapore by The Surfers' Paradise of Imperial RiverCorps Armada 4th Fleet.
- : Independent Planets was endorsed by The Southeast Texan Republic of United States of Woodward.
- : Independent Planets was endorsed by The Gigantic Frozen Igloo of Studly Penguins.
- : Independent Planets was endorsed by The ツーリスト・パラダイス of Safj.
- : Independent Planets was endorsed by The Incorporated NationStates of NewTexas.
- : Independent Planets's influence in Texas rose from "Zero" to "Handshaker".
- : Independent Planets endorsed The Incorporated NationStates of NewTexas.