The Concordium of Independent Planets is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Chief Executive Mark Halpert with a fair hand, and remarkable for its frequent executions, public floggings, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 22.948 billion Planetians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Spirituality, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Saint Francis. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Planetian economy, worth a remarkable 7,652 trillion credits a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Information Technology. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an amazing 333,476 credits, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Many aides in Chief Executive Mark Halpert's office are known to be serial jaywalkers, all citizens must pass a 'multicultural sensitivity test' to be deemed fit for society, skateparks can be found in every city, and students abandon classrooms for online education. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Independent Planets's national animal is the ox, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Independent Planets voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate The Arab League".
- : Following new legislation in Independent Planets, students abandon classrooms for online education.
- : Following new legislation in Independent Planets, skateparks can be found in every city.
- : Following new legislation in Independent Planets, all citizens must pass a 'multicultural sensitivity test' to be deemed fit for society.
- : Independent Planets was endorsed by The Federation of Amandil.
- : Independent Planets's influence in Texas fell from "Duckspeaker" to "Handshaker".
- : Independent Planets's influence in Texas rose from "Zero" to "Duckspeaker".
- : Independent Planets was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Independent Planets was endorsed by The Big Tex Department O Justice of NewTexas.
- : Independent Planets altered its national flag.