“Nemo me impune lacessit.”
|Category: Capitalist Paradise|
Regional Influence: Truckler
Location: Capitalist Paradise
The Republic of United Kodiaks is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Yogi Bear with an even hand, and notable for its parental licensing program. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 6.543 billion Kodiak Bears are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The tiny, pro-business government juggles the competing demands of Commerce, Education, and Defence. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kodiak. Income tax is unheard of. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Tourism industry, followed by Information Technology and Pizza Delivery.
Chinook Salmon is one of the most popular forenames in United Kodiaks, Kodiak spends billions upgrading public transport, fancy dress parties are raided by military police for new recruits, and penurious citizens die from easily remedied ailments because they aren't 'taking enough initiative'. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. United Kodiaks's national animal is the Chinook Salmon, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Ursalism, and its currency is the Bottle Cap.
Most Recent Government Activity: 16 hours ago
- 9 hours ago: United Kodiaks was endorsed by The Fiscal Juggernaut of Anathema Armaments.
- 15 hours ago: Following new legislation in United Kodiaks, penurious citizens die from easily remedied ailments because they aren't 'taking enough initiative'.
- 21 hours ago: United Kodiaks endorsed The Fiscal Juggernaut of Anathema Armaments.
- 1 day 2 hours ago: United Kodiaks fell out of the regional Top 10% for Happiest Citizens.
- 1 day 3 hours ago: Following new legislation in United Kodiaks, fancy dress parties are raided by military police for new recruits.
- 1 day 3 hours ago: Following new legislation in United Kodiaks, Kodiak spends billions upgrading public transport.
- 1 day 7 hours ago: United Kodiaks voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Sciongrad".
- 1 day 7 hours ago: United Kodiaks voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Convention on Fracking".
- 3 days 3 hours ago: United Kodiaks was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Least Corrupt Governments (last census: Top 5%).
- 5 days ago: United Kodiaks was reclassified from "Corporate Bordello" to "Capitalist Paradise".
Endorsements Received: 56 » Acario, The Glorious Bimbolia, Perpendiculous, Freedombourg, Gradenk, Canterburie, Lucanda, Burtonia WA Embassy, Demonslove, Volkyan, Tonakistan, GabeWorld, New Cathedra, Panageadom, Nationalist Nation, Derivative, Chsemo, FASTERCAT, Poopsancagizal, Grey Order, Nazerin, Britlandiana, The United Oman, SucWAti, Noaniah, UNDelegate, Kaputer, Rangerton, Luthatania, Elganoth, WulfHound, Caphtoria, Oranginia, Imren, Edison Culver, Shadomar, Edgemaster, Octal, The Capitalist Empire of Doge, Shakunik, Oblesh, Moonbatland, San Duo, Rolf harris, An Agripan Scout, Draymondia, DWAsnia, Libertocria, LLyutt, Manussia, and 6 others.Versille, Forglaffia, Siceo, Restorator, Dollaria, and Anathema Armaments.