“Nemo me impune lacessit.”
|Category: Corporate Bordello|
Regional Influence: Handshaker
Location: Capitalist Paradise
The Republic of United Kodiaks is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Yogi Bear with a fair hand, and remarkable for its keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 6.866 billion Kodiak Bears are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded, pro-business individuals juggles the competing demands of Commerce, Defence, and Education. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kodiak. Income tax is unheard of. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Information Technology industry, followed by Tourism and Pizza Delivery.
Voting is voluntary, the public health bureaucracy is wrapped in miles of red tape, administrative districts are increasingly defined by their taste in housing architecture, and college students make ends meet by selling their kidneys. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. United Kodiaks's national animal is the Chinook Salmon, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Ursalism, and its currency is the Bottle Cap.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 hours ago
- 2 hours ago: United Kodiaks voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Versutian Federation".
- 1 day 23 hours ago: Following new legislation in United Kodiaks, college students make ends meet by selling their kidneys.
- 2 days 5 hours ago: United Kodiaks voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Liberal Haven"".
- 2 days 10 hours ago: United Kodiaks fell out of the world Top 10% for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides.
- 2 days 20 hours ago: United Kodiaks was endorsed by The Republic of Southern Hampshire.
- 2 days 23 hours ago: Following new legislation in United Kodiaks, administrative districts are increasingly defined by their taste in housing architecture.
- 3 days 5 hours ago: United Kodiaks endorsed The Republic of Southern Hampshire.
- 3 days 11 hours ago: United Kodiaks was reclassified from "Capitalist Paradise" to "Corporate Bordello".
- 3 days 11 hours ago: Following new legislation in United Kodiaks, the public health bureaucracy is wrapped in miles of red tape.
- 3 days 11 hours ago: Following new legislation in United Kodiaks, voting is voluntary.
Endorsements Received: 56 » Acario, The Glorious Bimbolia, Perpendiculous, Freedombourg, Gradenk, Canterburie, Lucanda, Burtonia WA Embassy, Volkyan, Tonakistan, GabeWorld, New Cathedra, Panageadom, Derivative, Chsemo, FASTERCAT, Nazerin, Britlandiana, The United Oman, SucWAti, Noaniah, UNDelegate, Kaputer, Rangerton, Luthatania, Elganoth, WulfHound, Oranginia, Imren, Edison Culver, Shadomar, Edgemaster, Octal, The Capitalist Empire of Doge, Shakunik, Oblesh, Moonbatland, Libertocria, LLyutt, Versille, Forglaffia, Siceo, Dollaria, Scientia Major, Selimiye, Wokachow, Ausdonia, Coldrige, Jennivier, San Duo, and 6 others.Aurora Islands, JimMorrison, Baconbacon123, Woronoco, DWAsnia, and Southern Hampshire.