The Republic of United Kodiaks is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Yogi Bear with a fair hand, and renowned for its deadly medical pandemics, digital currency, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 8.002 billion Kodiak Bears are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
The minute, pro-business government, or what there is of one, juggles the competing demands of Defense, Industry, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kodiak. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 1.0%.
The frighteningly efficient Kodiakese economy, worth a remarkable 1,338 trillion Bottle Caps a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is an impressive 167,266 Bottle Caps, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 847,737 per year while the poor average 18,307, a ratio of 46.3 to 1.
Sex offenders find themselves cut off from the ability to repeat their crimes, Pinkerton agents are called in to forcibly break up white collar strikes, warfare increasingly resembles a video game, and corporations donate huge sums of money to favored politicians. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. United Kodiaks's national animal is the Chinook Salmon, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Ursalism.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 days 18 hours ago
- 3 days 14 hours ago: United Kodiaks was reclassified from "Capitalist Paradise" to "Corporate Bordello".
- 3 days 14 hours ago: Following new legislation in United Kodiaks, corporations donate huge sums of money to favored politicians.
- 3 days 14 hours ago: Following new legislation in United Kodiaks, warfare increasingly resembles a video game.
- 3 days 18 hours ago: United Kodiaks voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Prevention of Torture"".
- 3 days 18 hours ago: United Kodiaks endorsed The Protectorate of African Fried Chicken.
- 4 days ago: United Kodiaks was endorsed by The Protectorate of African Fried Chicken.
- 5 days ago: United Kodiaks was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Developed (last census: Top 5%).
- 9 days ago: United Kodiaks was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Manufacturing Sector (last census: Top 10%).
- 13 days ago: Following new legislation in United Kodiaks, Pinkerton agents are called in to forcibly break up white collar strikes.
- 13 days ago: Following new legislation in United Kodiaks, sex offenders find themselves cut off from the ability to repeat their crimes.
Endorsements Received: 41 » Acario, The Glorious Bimbolia, Perpendiculous, Freedombourg, Canterburie, Lucanda, Burtonia WA Embassy, Volkyan, Tonakistan, GabeWorld, Derivative, FASTERCAT, Nazerin, Britlandiana, The United Oman, SucWAti, UNDelegate, Kaputer, Rangerton, Edison Culver, Edgemaster, Octal, Shakunik, Siceo, Scientia Major, Selimiye, Aurora Islands, White Finland-, Armanduania, Scorpions Army, La Lux, Swaggit Swaggin, Tuti, Aelhaeran, Coltpower, Senexia, San Duo, United NeoSocialist States, McClellandistan, Poopsancagizal, and African Fried Chicken.