“Nemo me impune lacessit.”
|Category: Corporate Bordello|
Regional Influence: Truckler
Location: Capitalist Paradise
The Republic of United Kodiaks is a colossal, economically powerful nation, ruled by Yogi Bear with a fair hand, and remarkable for its keen interest in outer space. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 5.708 billion are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded, pro-business individuals juggles the competing demands of Commerce, Education, and Defence. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kodiak. Income tax is unheard of. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Tourism industry, followed by Information Technology and Pizza Delivery.
City sidewalks are crowded with overweight people, charity no longer begins at home, a typical fast food menu item could serve a small army, and university graduates and new home-owners toil in labour camps to work off their debts. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is relatively low, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. United Kodiaks's national animal is the Chinook Salmon, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Ursalism, and its currency is the Bottle Cap.
Most Recent Government Activity: 13 hours ago
- 9 hours ago: United Kodiaks was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Developed (last census: Top 5%).
- 10 hours ago: United Kodiaks was endorsed by The Dictatorship of WulfHound.
- 22 hours ago: Following new legislation in United Kodiaks, university graduates and new home-owners toil in labour camps to work off their debts.
- 22 hours ago: Following new legislation in United Kodiaks, a typical fast food menu item could serve a small army.
- 22 hours ago: Following new legislation in United Kodiaks, charity no longer begins at home.
- 1 day 3 hours ago: United Kodiaks endorsed The Dictatorship of WulfHound.
- 1 day 10 hours ago: United Kodiaks's influence in Capitalist Paradise rose from "Vassal" to "Truckler".
- 5 days ago: United Kodiaks was reclassified from "Capitalist Paradise" to "Corporate Bordello".
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in United Kodiaks, city sidewalks are crowded with overweight people.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in United Kodiaks, voting is voluntary.
Endorsements Received: 63 » Acario, Roxie Hart, The Glorious Bimbolia, Perpendiculous, The Holonet, Freedombourg, Plisskenstan, Gradenk, Canterburie, Lucanda, Burtonia WA Embassy, DWAsnia, Takasia, Demonslove, Volkyan, Aremark, Tonakistan, Veno, GabeWorld, New Cathedra, Panageadom, Scientia Major, Nationalist Nation, Golfisgood, Sardine World, Derivative, The Lost, Chsemo, Capiland, The Catholic Bogside, Rovertun, Microsol, FASTERCAT, San Duo, The Empire of Syrrinan, Poopsancagizal, Northeast Cape, Grey Order, Armus Republic, Nazerin, Salvatorian, The Democratic Republic of Jin-julong, Britlandiana, The United Oman, SucWAti, Noaniah, Infinite eternity, Pilotto, Artimsia, UNDelegate, and 13 others.Algolnia, Kaputer, Shadow Afforess, Saucount en Vimeu, Amertheria, Agripa, Rangerton, Theodoran, Luthatania, Cullith, Misopris, Elganoth, and WulfHound.