The Republic of United Kodiaks is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Yogi Bear with an even hand, and notable for its public floggings, anti-smoking policies, and parental licensing program. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 8.96 billion Kodiak Bears are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The minute, pro-business government, or what there is of one, juggles the competing demands of Defense, Industry, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kodiak. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 1.0%.
The frighteningly efficient Kodiakese economy, worth a remarkable 1,593 trillion Bottle Caps a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is an impressive 177,862 Bottle Caps, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 1,416,547 per year while the poor average 5,309, a ratio of 266 to 1.
Inheritance tax has recently been abolished, jobs opportunities abound in the Hole Recycling industry, businesses often fire workers in favour of cheaper automatic systems, and corporations donate huge sums of money to favored politicians. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. United Kodiaks's national animal is the Chinook Salmon, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Ursalism.
United Kodiaks is ranked 52nd in Capitalist Paradise and 4,476th in the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates, scoring 477 on the Workforce Participation Versus Theoretical Maximum Metric.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : United Kodiaks voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Living Wage Act"".
- : United Kodiaks was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector (last census: Top 10%).
- : Following new legislation in United Kodiaks, corporations donate huge sums of money to favored politicians.
- : Following new legislation in United Kodiaks, businesses often fire workers in favour of cheaper automatic systems.
- : United Kodiaks was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Populations.
- : Following new legislation in United Kodiaks, jobs opportunities abound in the Hole Recycling industry.
- : United Kodiaks was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
- : United Kodiaks endorsed The Queendom of Tol-Sairanarmi.
- : United Kodiaks was endorsed by The Queendom of Tol-Sairanarmi.
- : United Kodiaks voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Access to Humanitarian Aid".
Endorsements Received: 46 » Acario, Perpendiculous, Freedombourg, Canterburie, Lucanda, Tonakistan, GabeWorld, Derivative, FASTERCAT, Nazerin, Britlandiana, The United Oman, SucWAti, Kaputer, Rangerton, Edgemaster, Octal, Scientia Major, Selimiye, Aurora Islands, White Finland-, Armanduania, Scorpions Army, Tuti, Aelhaeran, Coltpower, Senexia, San Duo, McClellandistan, Poopsancagizal, Bharathvarsh, Metacrisis, Dr Ron Paul, UNDelegate, Sud Atlantik, Askington, Luthatania, Game Grid, Nicovindver, Commonwealth Republic, VETO CORP, Libertolandia, Itorcya, ANANDIA, Bungle, and Tol-Sairanarmi.