“Nemo me impune lacessit.”
|Category: Corporate Bordello|
Regional Influence: Handshaker
Location: Capitalist Paradise
The Republic of United Kodiaks is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by Yogi Bear with a fair hand, and renowned for its keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 7.088 billion Kodiak Bears are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
The small, pro-business government juggles the competing demands of Commerce, Defence, and Education. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kodiak. Income tax is unheard of. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Information Technology industry, followed by Tourism and Pizza Delivery.
Island residents must resort to canoes and sailboats to get to work, punitive tariffs protect local industry, large areas of United Kodiaks are not accessible by the public, and construction of the Really Big Hadron Collider is underway. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. United Kodiaks's national animal is the Chinook Salmon, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Ursalism, and its currency is the Bottle Cap.
Most Recent Government Activity: 13 hours ago
- 2 days 15 hours ago: United Kodiaks was endorsed by The United States of Liamsborough.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in United Kodiaks, construction of the Really Big Hadron Collider is underway.
- 7 days ago: United Kodiaks was endorsed by The Sultanate of Armanduania.
- 10 days ago: Following new legislation in United Kodiaks, large areas of United Kodiaks are not accessible by the public.
- 10 days ago: Following new legislation in United Kodiaks, punitive tariffs protect local industry.
- 10 days ago: United Kodiaks voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Condemn North Korea"".
- 14 days ago: United Kodiaks voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Condemn Durkadurkiranistan II"".
- 14 days ago: United Kodiaks was endorsed by The Federated States of Amacia.
- 15 days ago: United Kodiaks endorsed The Armed Republic of Pitbill.
- 15 days ago: United Kodiaks endorsed The United Kingdom of Rovertun.
Endorsements Received: 60 » Acario, The Glorious Bimbolia, Perpendiculous, Freedombourg, Canterburie, Lucanda, Burtonia WA Embassy, Volkyan, Tonakistan, GabeWorld, Panageadom, Derivative, Chsemo, FASTERCAT, Nazerin, Britlandiana, The United Oman, SucWAti, Noaniah, UNDelegate, Kaputer, Rangerton, Luthatania, WulfHound, Oranginia, Imren, Edison Culver, Shadomar, Edgemaster, Octal, The Capitalist Empire of Doge, Shakunik, Oblesh, Libertocria, Versille, Forglaffia, Siceo, Dollaria, Scientia Major, Selimiye, Wokachow, Ausdonia, Coldrige, San Duo, Aurora Islands, JimMorrison, DWAsnia, Southern Hampshire, Czeckolutania, Mindraker, and 10 others.Conservatives Paradise, Apocolypta, White Finland-, Usstra, Trucha, Poopsancagizal, Rovertun, Amacia, Armanduania, and Liamsborough.