“Who watches the Watchmen?”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Negotiator
The Watchmen of Rorschach is a gargantuan, safe nation, notable for its hatred of cheese. Its compassionate, hard-working population of 22.602 billion have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Social Welfare, Education, and the Environment. The average income tax rate is 76%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Fewer people are bathing as citizens must show ration stamps before they can turn on their faucets, all forms of advertising are banned, government officials have to mortgage their homes to make ends meet, and the nation has welcomed its expats back with open arms. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Rorschach's national animal is the buzzard, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the pound of flesh.
Most Recent Government Activity: 6 days ago
- 2 days 13 hours ago: Rorschach was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Longest Average Lifespans.
- 32 days ago: Rorschach was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Welfare Programs.
- 37 days ago: Rorschach fell out of the regional Top 10% for Nicest Citizens.
- 56 days ago: Rorschach was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Pacifist.
- 77 days ago: Rorschach was endorsed by The Kingdom of Silver Minner.
- 77 days ago: Rorschach was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements (last census: Top 10%).
- 120 days ago: Rorschach was endorsed by The Gigantic Frozen Igloo of Studly Penguins.
- 120 days ago: Rorschach was endorsed by The Allied States of AmandilTwo.
- 120 days ago: Rorschach was endorsed by The Call for the Dead of Richard I.
- 132 days ago: Rorschach was endorsed by The Call for the Dead of Richard I.