The Watchmen of Rorschach is a gargantuan, genial nation, remarkable for its public floggings, state-planned economy, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate population of 26.789 billion Rorschachians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — juggles the competing demands of Environment, Welfare, and Education. The average income tax rate is 81.3%.
The strong Rorschachian economy, worth a remarkable 1,484 trillion pounds of flesh a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Book Publishing industry. Average income is 55,397 pounds of flesh, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.2 times as much as the poorest.
Cars speed down national highways while drivers sleep at the wheel, glittering new sports stadiums adorn every city and town, murder victims' families receive windfall payouts when the murderers are executed, and toddlers are wielding machine guns in the name of national defense. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Rorschach's national animal is the buzzard, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days ago
- 5 days ago: Rorschach's influence in Texas fell from "Negotiator" to "Auxiliary".
- 9 days ago: Rorschach was endorsed by The Allied States of AmandilTwo.
- 25 days ago: Rorschach was endorsed by The Giantic Frozen Igloo of Studly Penguins.
- 25 days ago: Rorschach fell out of the world Top 10% for Safest.
- 38 days ago: Rorschach was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Longest Average Lifespans.
- 38 days ago: Rorschach was endorsed by The United Kingdoms of Grays Harbor.
- 39 days ago: Rorschach was endorsed by The Giantic Frozen Igloo of Studly Penguins.
- 42 days ago: Rorschach was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
- 50 days ago: Rorschach was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs (last census: Top 10%).
- 52 days ago: Rorschach fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.