The Watchmen of Rorschach is a gargantuan, genial nation, renowned for its frequent executions, punitive income tax rates, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate population of 27.188 billion Rorschachians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Environment, Welfare, and Education. The average income tax rate is 82.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The enormous but inefficient Rorschachian economy, worth a remarkable 1,198 trillion pounds of flesh a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Book Publishing industry. Average income is 44,078 pounds of flesh, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
Cars speed down national highways while drivers sleep at the wheel, glittering new sports stadiums adorn every city and town, murder victims' families receive windfall payouts when the murderers are executed, and toddlers are wielding machine guns in the name of national defense. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Rorschach's national animal is the buzzard, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Rorschach fell out of the regional Top 10% for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : Rorschach's influence in Texas fell from "Negotiator" to "Auxiliary".
- : Rorschach fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Compassionate Citizens.
- : Rorschach's influence in Texas rose from "Auxiliary" to "Negotiator".
- : Rorschach fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Rorschach was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Democratic Socialists".
- : Rorschach was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Inclusive.
- : Rorschach was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements (last census: Top 5%).
- : Rorschach fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Rorschach was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Compassionate Citizens.