“Who watches the Watchmen?”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Auxiliary
The Watchmen of Rorschach is a gargantuan, safe nation, remarkable for its unlimited-speed roads. Its compassionate, hard-working population of 24.143 billion have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Social Welfare, the Environment, and Education. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 78%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Fewer people are bathing as citizens must show ration stamps before they can turn on their faucets, all forms of advertising are banned, government officials have to mortgage their homes to make ends meet, and the nation has welcomed its expats back with open arms. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Rorschach's national animal is the buzzard, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the pound of flesh.
Most Recent Government Activity: 16 days ago
- 1 day 6 hours ago: Rorschach's influence in Texas fell from "Negotiator" to "Auxiliary".
- 10 days ago: Rorschach fell out of the regional Top 10% for Nicest Citizens.
- 11 days ago: Rorschach was endorsed by The Imperio of Elliston.
- 12 days ago: Rorschach was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most World Assembly Endorsements (last census: Top 5%).
- 18 days ago: Rorschach was endorsed by The Allied States of AmandilTwo.
- 26 days ago: Rorschach's influence in Texas rose from "Auxiliary" to "Negotiator".
- 28 days ago: Rorschach's influence in Texas fell from "Negotiator" to "Auxiliary".
- 29 days ago: Rorschach's influence in Texas rose from "Auxiliary" to "Negotiator".
- 29 days ago: Rorschach's influence in Texas fell from "Negotiator" to "Auxiliary".
- 29 days ago: Rorschach was endorsed by The Gigantic Frozen Igloo of Studly Penguins.