The Gigantic Frozen Igloo of Studly Penguins is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Hiram Fox with a fair hand, and notable for its ubiquitous missile silos, sprawling nuclear power plants, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, democratic, humorless population of 15.146 billion Studly Penguinians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The tiny, socially-minded, outspoken government prioritizes Education, although Industry, Healthcare, and Public Transport are also considered important, while Spirituality and Welfare aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Fort McGuire. The average income tax rate is 2.2%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Studly Penguinian economy, worth a remarkable 2,750 trillion Kroner a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, quite specialized black market in Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, Book Publishing, and Gambling. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 181,579 Kroner, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Being impolite in public is punishable by heavy fines, the death penalty has been reintroduced, the Super-Hyped Up Penguin is believed to be extinct, and students cut up leftover Kroner during Arts and Crafts. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Studly Penguins's national animal is the Super-Hyped Up Penguin, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to heavy metals seepage into national waterways.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Studly Penguins, students cut up leftover Kroner during Arts and Crafts.
- : Following new legislation in Studly Penguins, the Super-Hyped Up Penguin is believed to be extinct.
- : Following new legislation in Studly Penguins, the death penalty has been reintroduced.
- : Following new legislation in Studly Penguins, being impolite in public is punishable by heavy fines.
- : Studly Penguins was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes and the Top 10% for Most Income Equality.
- : Following new legislation in Studly Penguins, burglary is widely regarded as the national sport.
- : Studly Penguins lodged a message on the Texas Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in Studly Penguins, the government is constantly producing new maps to accommodate the continual renaming of cities.
- : Following new legislation in Studly Penguins, only AI know why the nation is rapidly increasing its semiconductor stockpile.
- : Studly Penguins was reclassified from "Civil Rights Lovefest" to "Left-wing Utopia".
Endorsements Received: 14 » Trecdom2, Independent Planets, Gig em Aggies, Ewing Oil Co, NewTexas, Amandil, Blandings and Fenwick, Ryanvile, Safj, Darth Kermit, United States of Woodward, Pepbitar, Kloran, and Dennisov.