The Gigantic Frozen Igloo of Studly Penguins is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Hiram Fox with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and ubiquitous missile silos. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 14.972 billion Studly Penguinians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The minute, liberal, outspoken government, or what there is of one, prioritizes Education, with Healthcare, Industry, and Public Transport also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Welfare aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Fort McGuire. The average income tax rate is 1.4%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Studly Penguinian economy, worth a remarkable 2,580 trillion Kroner a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Book Publishing, and Gambling. Black market activity is notable. Average income is an impressive 172,358 Kroner, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Inheritance tax has recently been abolished, punitive tariffs protect local industry, citizens are permitted to carry concealed handguns, and the armed forces are vetting the political loyalties of its remaining officers. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Studly Penguins's national animal is the Super-Hyped Up Penguin, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to heavy metals seepage into national waterways.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Studly Penguins, the armed forces are vetting the political loyalties of its remaining officers.
- : Studly Penguins voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Quarantine Regulation".
- : Following new legislation in Studly Penguins, citizens are permitted to carry concealed handguns.
- : Following new legislation in Studly Penguins, punitive tariffs protect local industry.
- : Studly Penguins was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Efficient Economies and the Top 5% for Largest Cheese Export Sector.
- : Following new legislation in Studly Penguins, inheritance tax has recently been abolished.
- : Following new legislation in Studly Penguins, door-to-door salesmen are frequently beaten up by 'vigilantes'.
- : Following new legislation in Studly Penguins, the government is ignoring the latest terrorist atrocities in Fort McGuire for fear of causing a fuss.
- : Following new legislation in Studly Penguins, cheese has become the new icon of political dissent.
- : Following new legislation in Studly Penguins, the road to capitalism has proved an epic drama of adventure and exploration.
Endorsements Received: 13 » Trecdom2, Independent Planets, Gig em Aggies, Ewing Oil Co, NewTexas, Texarlouhoma, Amandil, Blandings and Fenwick, United States of Woodward, Inranilea, Ryanvile, Safj, and Darth Kermit.