WA Delegate: None.
Last WA Update:
Hobbiton contains 4 nations.
Today's World Census Report
The Least Corrupt Governments in Hobbiton
World Census agents tempted government officials with financial and other inducements to bend the rules and recorded how often their proposals were declined.
As a region, Hobbiton is ranked 8,008th in the world for Least Corrupt Governments.
|1.||The Hobbit Hole of Mr Hobbit||New York Times Democracy||“You can only come to the morning through the shadows.”|
|2.||The Incorporated States of Balbo Baggins||Conservative Democracy||“Ancestor”|
|3.||The Commonwealth of The Party Tree||Inoffensive Centrist Democracy||“...and stood on a chair under the illuminated tree”|
|4.||The Queendom of Berylla Boffin||Mother Knows Best State||“Ancestress”|
- : The Phantasm of Afi-Aftos of the region Fredonia proposed constructing embassies.
- : The Constitutional Monarchy of Weffleunion of the region Weffle proposed constructing embassies.
- : The Incorporated States of Balbo Baggins appointed The Hobbit Hole of Mr Hobbit as Mr Hobbit with authority over Appearance, Border Control, Communications, Embassies, and Polls in Hobbiton.
- : The Hobbit Hole of Mr Hobbit arrived from Balder.
- : The Matriarchy of Gypsy Lands of the region Gypsy Lands proposed constructing embassies.
- : The Constitutional Monarchy of Nelson Wilbury of the region Traveling Wilburys proposed constructing embassies.
- : The United States of Kitezh of the region Middle Earth cancelled the closure of its embassy in Hobbiton.
- : The Rogue Nation of Red Maw of the region Middle Earth ordered the closure of its embassy in Hobbiton.
- : The Incorporated States of Balbo Baggins proposed constructing embassies with Northern Lands.
- : The Amazing Gold Footed Journey of TAO the Wanderer departed this region for History.
Hobbiton Regional Message Board
Hobbiton, a village in the Shire. Named towards the very end of The Hobbit...
And so they crossed the bridge and passed the mill by the river and came right back to Bilbo's own door.
'Bless me! What's going on?' he cried. There was a great commotion, and people of all sorts, respectable and unrespectable, were thick round the door, and many were going in and out - not even wiping their feet on the mat, as Bilbo noticed with annoyance.
If he was surprised, they were more surprised still. He had arrived back in the middle of an auction! There was a large notice in black and red hung on the gate, stating that on June the Twenty-second Messrs. Grubb, Grubb, and Burrowes would sell by auction the effects of the late Bilbo Baggins Esquire, of Bag-End, Underhill, Hobbiton. Sale to commence at ten o'clock sharp. It was now nearly lunch-time, and most of the things had already been sold, for various prices from next to nothing to old songs (as is not unusual at auctions). Bilbo's cousins the Sackville-Bagginses were, in fact, busy measuring his rooms to see if their own furniture would fit. In short Bilbo was 'Presumed Dead', and not everybody that said so was sorry to find the presumption wrong.
The return of Mr. Bilbo Baggins created quite a disturbance, both under the Hill and over the Hill, and across the Water; it was a great deal more than a nine days' wonder. The legal bother, indeed, lasted for years. It was quite a long time before Mr. Baggins was in fact admitted to be alive again.
...and named again at the very beginning of The Lord of the Rings, and passim.
When Mr. Bilbo Baggins of Bag End announced that he would shortly be celebrating his eleventy-first birthday with a party of special magnificence, there was much talk and excitement in Hobbiton.
Credit for current WFE goes to former founder of the region Hobbiton, Mr Hobbit!
High resolution version of regional flag
J.R.R. Tolkien's own drawing, The Hill: Hobbiton-across-the Water, high resolution version
Article featuring J.R.R. Tolkien's drawings, including the Hobbiton illustration
Baggins family tree by New Zealand artist Daniel Reeve.
Welcome to Hobbiton, Stolkland. Enjoy the dreamy hobbit region.
Merry Christmas & Happy Holiday Season!
Eat like hobbits, drink like dwarves, sing like elves, dance like Tom Bombadil and Goldberry, round and round under the sun and stars.
It's a season of well-wishes, therefore requesting some embassies with other Tolkien regions.
Greetings from TAO. Just passing through on WalkAbout.
Would like to tarry for a bit but ...
“The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursuing it with eager feet,
Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say”