The Galactic Muppets of Darth Kermit is a gargantuan, safe nation, remarkable for its frequent executions, public floggings, and anti-smoking policies. The hard-nosed, hard-working, devout population of 24.221 billion Galactic Muppets have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Healthcare, and Environment. The average income tax rate is 74.5%.
The Darth Kermitian economy, worth 577 trillion puppet dollars a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Gambling. Average income is 23,831 puppet dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.1 times as much as the poorest.
The muppet is protected from hunting and slowly coming back from the brink of extinction, televangelists flaunt their expensive cars when they attend charity events, there have been sightings of people walking around dressed in nothing but leopard-skin g-strings for 'religious reasons', and euthanasia is legal. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Darth Kermit's national animal is the muppet, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Darth Kermit was endorsed by The Principality of Prowlstan.
- : Darth Kermit endorsed The Gigantic Frozen Igloo of Studly Penguins.
- : Darth Kermit was endorsed by The Gigantic Frozen Igloo of Studly Penguins.
- : Darth Kermit's influence in Texas rose from "Zero" to "Truckler".
- : Darth Kermit was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Lammey.
- : Darth Kermit was endorsed by The Lone Star Republic of Greater United Texas.
- : Darth Kermit was endorsed by The Incorporated NationStates of NewTexas.
- : Darth Kermit was endorsed by The Southeast Texan Republic of United States of Woodward.
- : Darth Kermit endorsed The Southeast Texan Republic of United States of Woodward.
- : Darth Kermit endorsed The Incorporated NationStates of NewTexas.