The Galactic Muppets of Darth Kermit is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, notable for its compulsory military service, frequent executions, and anti-smoking policies. The hard-nosed, hard-working, devout population of 23.868 billion Galactic Muppets have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 62.6%.
The Darth Kermitian economy, worth 588 trillion puppet dollars a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Retail, and Gambling. Average income is 24,668 puppet dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.1 times as much as the poorest.
The muppet is protected from hunting and slowly coming back from the brink of extinction, televangelists flaunt their expensive cars when they attend charity events, there have been sightings of people walking around dressed in nothing but leopard-skin g-strings for 'religious reasons', and euthanasia is legal. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Darth Kermit's national animal is the muppet, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Darth Kermit was endorsed by The Vacation Destination of New Zealand.
- : Darth Kermit was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Azbadar.
- : Darth Kermit voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Gay".
- : Darth Kermit endorsed The City of Lewisville Texas.
- : Darth Kermit was endorsed by The City of Lewisville Texas.
- : Darth Kermit was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Darth Kermit was endorsed by The Discovery Federation of Trecdom2.
- : Darth Kermit was endorsed by The Southeast Texan Republic of United States of Woodward.
- : Darth Kermit was endorsed by The Rain Boots of Indian Empire.
- : Darth Kermit endorsed The Concordium of Independent Planets.