The Republic of United Kodiaks is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Yogi Bear with a fair hand, and remarkable for its deadly medical pandemics, daily referendums, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 19.97 billion Kodiak Bears enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The minute government, or what there is of one, is effectively ruled by the Department of Education, with Law & Order, Industry, and Environment also on the agenda, while Social Policy and Welfare receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kodiak Island. The average income tax rate is 1.0%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Kodiakese economy, worth a remarkable 3,569 trillion Bottle Caps a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Retail, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is an impressive 178,767 Bottle Caps, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.7 times as much as the poorest.
The breathalyser pledge is a traditional part of marriages in United Kodiaks, adverts proclaim it has to be healthy if the Mornay uses hand-grated Gallopavian Gruyère, gossip magazines have pictures of Yogi Bear sunbathing on the beach with political rivals, and historical commemorations regularly devolve into militaristic jingoism. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. United Kodiaks's national animal is the Chinook Salmon, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Ursalism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : United Kodiaks was endorsed by The Big Tex Happy Taco Stands of NewTexas.
- : United Kodiaks's influence in Texas rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : United Kodiaks's influence in Texas rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : United Kodiaks's influence in Texas rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : United Kodiaks's influence in Texas rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : United Kodiaks was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Cultured.
- : Following new legislation in United Kodiaks, historical commemorations regularly devolve into militaristic jingoism.
- : United Kodiaks was endorsed by The Republic of Suevivor Island.
- : United Kodiaks endorsed The Republic of Suevivor Island.
- : United Kodiaks was endorsed by The Galactic Empire of Gig em Aggies.