|Leader||Emperor Constantine I|
The Empire of Valcouria is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Emperor Constantine I with an iron fist, and remarkable for its national health service, daily referendums, and avowedly heterosexual populace. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, cheerful, devout population of 21.587 billion Valcourians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bainbridge. The average income tax rate is 34.9%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Valcourian economy, worth a remarkable 8,743 trillion Dollars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Retail, and Arms Manufacturing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an amazing 405,037 Dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.4 times as much as the poorest.
The "swords to plowshares" policy has created a generation of farmers that can kill a yak from 200 yards away, vaccinations are mandatory, the latest political memes depict Emperor Constantine I as an overly-choreographed robot, and the Valcourian Arts Council pays teenagers to sit through opera performances. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Valcouria's national animal is the White-tailed Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Roman Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Valcouria, the Valcourian Arts Council pays teenagers to sit through opera performances.
- : Following new legislation in Valcouria, the latest political memes depict Emperor Constantine I as an overly-choreographed robot.
- : Valcouria voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Crime Victims' Rights Act".
- : Following new legislation in Valcouria, vaccinations are mandatory.
- : Following new legislation in Valcouria, the "swords to plowshares" policy has created a generation of farmers that can kill a yak from 200 yards away.
- : Valcouria was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Timber Woodchipping Industry.
- : Valcouria was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Kakland.
- : Valcouria lodged a message on the Anteria Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in Valcouria, employers are never quite sure if graduates' qualifications have any merit or meaning.
- : Following new legislation in Valcouria, the government regularly hires contractors to construct high rise apartments.
Endorsements Received: 40 » Lesser Velutaria, Hatstheput, Whitmarche, Kiyortza, The New Bulgarian Order, Speke, Halsuntria, New Sebronia, Wellsenfaile, Kentalis, Abjekistan, Shadoveil, Foxomexra, Gran Rugido, Zhousheng, San Calia, The Modern New Spanish Empire, Greater Efrafa, Misnomers, Sab Demenr, United States of New Atlantis, The Trilla Gang Mafia, Gavrilia, The Byrdlands, Flatstone, Hyliastor, Anderum, Xzavaria, Swinas, Bendan, Lyonheimer, Fallooplesburg, Betmet, Keskorria, Murdenholl, Hoterallia, Wassilia, Bro Wyned, Plattinum, and Kakland.