|Leader||Emperor Constantine I|
The Empire of Valcouria is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Emperor Constantine I with an iron fist, and notable for its pith helmet sales, sprawling nuclear power plants, and triple-decker prams. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, cheerful, devout population of 19.28 billion Valcourians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The relatively small, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bainbridge. The average income tax rate is 8.0%.
The frighteningly efficient Valcourian economy, worth a remarkable 7,493 trillion Dollars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Retail, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is an amazing 388,683 Dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.6 times as much as the poorest.
Feuilletons can only be deciphered with a Galliennais dictionary, where your food came from is an unknowable mystery, ample hospital parking is half-filled by the luxury cars of hospital managers, and you're never too young to learn how to lie with confidence. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Valcouria's national animal is the White-tailed Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Roman Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Valcouria, you're never too young to learn how to lie with confidence.
- : Following new legislation in Valcouria, ample hospital parking is half-filled by the luxury cars of hospital managers.
- : Following new legislation in Valcouria, where your food came from is an unknowable mystery.
- : Valcouria voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Quebecshire".
- : Valcouria voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Convicted Voters".
- : Following new legislation in Valcouria, feuilletons can only be deciphered with a Galliennais dictionary.
- : Following new legislation in Valcouria, parents often ask to see a credit report before lending money to their own children.
- : Following new legislation in Valcouria, the nation is famous for bravely sending wave after wave of its soldiers until the enemy runs out of bullets.
- : Following new legislation in Valcouria, hidden bedroom-cams are installed to catch mothers doing their kids' homework.
- : Following new legislation in Valcouria, sections of the police receive paramilitary training.
Endorsements Received: 60 » Lesser Velutaria, Hatstheput, Whitmarche, Kiyortza, Teckia, The New Bulgarian Order, Speke, Bro Wyned, Fallooplesburg, Halsuntria, New Sebronia, Framosia, Gadorien, Southern Velutaria, Flashboom, Wellsenfaile, Kentalis, Abjekistan, Montecaro, Yetrasia, Shadoveil, Prybourne, Foxomexra, Nerany, Turpir Hoes, Regauria, Gran Rugido, Yodivenis, Zhousheng, San Calia, Nicersdah, Prei Meas, Kistolia, Horizen Islands, Republic of Turbin, The Switz Alps, Shimerland, Amrelia, Latvia and Saaremaa, The Modern New Spanish Empire, Greater Efrafa, Misnomers, Blechingia, Torvon, Senshen, Plattinum, Iwonia, Sab Demenr, United States of New Atlantis, Nondenominational Christian Commonwealth, and 10 others.The Trilla Gang Mafia, Lyonheimer, Sorlyset, Nissisoma, Gavrilia, Encessia, Polder Eiland, Lankterlerp, Maricoen, and Rutheneja.