The Confederacy of Phobi is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Deimos with an even hand, and renowned for its compulsory military service, irreverence towards religion, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 12.879 billion Phobians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Murk. The average income tax rate is 96.4%.
The frighteningly efficient Phobian economy, worth a remarkable 2,986 trillion Schustaffels a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Book Publishing, and Woodchip Exports. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an amazing 231,895 Schustaffels, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
The freedom to be free is always just out of reach, a milk bath costs more than bathing in money, crossword puzzles have been co-opted as a symbol of racial discrimination, and politicians always seem to take two steps forward then three steps back. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Phobi's national animal is the Infidel, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Phobi was endorsed by The Empire of Teothopia.
- : Phobi endorsed The Holy Empire of Antonimus.
- : Phobi was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Antonimus.
- : Following new legislation in Phobi, politicians always seem to take two steps forward then three steps back.
- : Following new legislation in Phobi, crossword puzzles have been co-opted as a symbol of racial discrimination.
- : Following new legislation in Phobi, a milk bath costs more than bathing in money.
- : Following new legislation in Phobi, the freedom to be free is always just out of reach.
- : Following new legislation in Phobi, foreign policy often involves bullwhips and leather.
- : Phobi voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Marrabuk".
- : Phobi voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Reducing Microplastics".
Endorsements Received: 22 » Dhaeland, Tethys 13, Federation of the Resentine Kingdom, Aragon AI, Frinotonia, Wymondham, Wayneactia, Dres Van, Valerievna, Malphe II, Arkadia Universalis, Great Baltic Empire, Yeagania, Xosharia, Arr, Big Boyz, Carthaginium, Ghost Of The Order, DeerField Cove, The Gelseen Hegemony, Antonimus, and Teothopia.