The War-torn imperial planet of Tethys 13 is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Bilbo Baggins with an even hand, and remarkable for its national health service, compulsory vegetarianism, and strictly enforced bedtime. The humorless population of 17.022 billion Tethys 13ians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous government is primarily concerned with Defense, with Law & Order and Education also on the agenda, while Spirituality isn't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of The Inevitable City. The average income tax rate is 77.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but inefficient Tethys 13ian economy, worth 928 trillion mushrooms a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing and Uranium Mining. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 54,568 mushrooms, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Public intoxication has decreased ever since fraternities were banned, the government has little issue with allowing its citizens to languish in foreign jails, there is a dearth of space for new houses, and citizens applying for their first jobs face fierce competition from the homeless. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Tethys 13's national animal is the hobbit, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Tethys 13 was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Tethys 13 was endorsed by The Boy Named Sue of Syberis.
- : Tethys 13 voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Reproductive Freedoms"".
- : Tethys 13 was endorsed by The Trash King of Wrektopia.
- : Tethys 13 was endorsed by The Of the of the of the of Neo Kervoskia.
- : Tethys 13 was endorsed by The Republic of Adytus.
- : Tethys 13 was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Tethys 13 was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Weast Jurmany.
- : Tethys 13 endorsed The Boy Named Sue of Syberis.
- : Tethys 13 endorsed The Of the of the of the of Neo Kervoskia.