The Former Republic of Cherdoskie is a gargantuan, orderly nation, ruled by Herr Desgoff und Gottschalk with an iron fist, and remarkable for its strictly enforced bedtime, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and smutty television. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 12.242 billion Cherdoskieans are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The enormous, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Neblesbad. The average income tax rate is 94.8%.
The all-consuming Cherdoskiean economy, worth a remarkable 1,498 trillion Kulbecks a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Information Technology, and Tourism. Average income is an impressive 122,440 Kulbecks, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
The mining industry is making inroads into environmentally sensitive areas, only AI know why the nation is rapidly increasing its semiconductor stockpile, the government has started a campaign to crack down on road rage and encourage alternate means of commuting, and warfare increasingly resembles a video game. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Cherdoskie's national animal is the Ictinaetus malaiensis, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Lutheranism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Cherdoskie, warfare increasingly resembles a video game.
- : Following new legislation in Cherdoskie, the government has started a campaign to crack down on road rage and encourage alternate means of commuting.
- : Following new legislation in Cherdoskie, only AI know why the nation is rapidly increasing its semiconductor stockpile.
- : Cherdoskie was reclassified from "Father Knows Best State" to "Corrupt Dictatorship".
- : Following new legislation in Cherdoskie, the mining industry is making inroads into environmentally sensitive areas.
- : Cherdoskie was reclassified from "Corrupt Dictatorship" to "Father Knows Best State".
- : Following new legislation in Cherdoskie, eminent domain has been abolished.
- : Cherdoskie's influence in Zeptrea fell from "Hermit" to "Hegemony".
- : Cherdoskie password-protected Zeptrea.
- : Cherdoskie created a custom banner.
Endorsements Received: None.