The Former Republic of Cherdoskie is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Herr Desgoff und Gottschalk with an iron fist, and notable for its frequent executions, anti-smoking policies, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 11.042 billion Cherdoskieans are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The enormous, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Neblesbad. The average income tax rate is 93.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Cherdoskiean economy, worth a remarkable 1,344 trillion Kulbecks a year, is highly specialized and dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Information Technology, and Tourism. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 121,793 Kulbecks, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.4 times as much as the poorest.
Factories grind to a halt every time there is an election, protesters against the government are hanged as a warning to others, same-sex marriages are increasingly common, and fur coats have become the latest fashion trend. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Cherdoskie's national animal is the Ictinaetus malaiensis, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Lutheranism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Cherdoskie was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Highest Police Ratios.
- : Following new legislation in Cherdoskie, fur coats have become the latest fashion trend.
- : Cherdoskie was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Godforsaken.
- : Following new legislation in Cherdoskie, same-sex marriages are increasingly common.
- : Cherdoskie was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Cherdoskie was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Cherdoskie was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Beautiful Environments.
- : Cherdoskie was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- : Cherdoskie voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Kknight".
- : Cherdoskie was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Father Knows Best State".