The United Principality of Ashebourton is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Prince Espinosa with an even hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, anti-smoking policies, and multi-spousal wedding ceremonies. The compassionate, democratic population of 10.802 billion Ashebourtonians enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The enormous government is primarily concerned with Defense, with Education, Environment, and Law & Order also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Administration receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Charlottestown. The average income tax rate is 72.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Ashebourtonian economy, worth 874 trillion Dominion Dollars a year, is highly specialized and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing and Information Technology. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 80,998 Dominion Dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Female newsreaders distract the nation by breastfeeding during broadcast, the government spends more on chasing distant comets than on basic infrastructure, citizens simply have to point a weapon at a government official to get what they want, and the navy is chrome-plating its battleships to prevent rust. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ashebourton's national animal is the Raven, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ashebourton fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- : Ashebourton was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Least Corrupt Governments (last census: Top 5%).
- : Ashebourton was endorsed by The Confederacy of Arduria.
- : Ashebourton voted for the World Assembly Resolution "World Space Administration".
- : Ashebourton was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : Ashebourton fell out of the regional Top 5% for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : Ashebourton voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Prohibiting Animal Abuse".
- : Ashebourton was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments (last census: Top 10%).
- : Ashebourton was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Beautiful Environments (last census: Top 5%).
- : Ashebourton was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.