The United Principality of Ashebourton is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Prince Espinosa with an even hand, and remarkable for its public floggings, smutty television, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, democratic population of 10.229 billion Ashebourtonians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The enormous government is primarily concerned with Defense, with Education, Environment, and Law & Order also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Administration aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Charlottestown. The average income tax rate is 73.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Ashebourtonian economy, worth 828 trillion Dominion Dollars a year, is highly specialized and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing and Information Technology. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 80,984 Dominion Dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Discarded pennies litter the streets, female newsreaders distract the nation by breastfeeding during broadcast, the government spends more on chasing distant comets than on basic infrastructure, and citizens simply have to point a weapon at a government official to get what they want. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ashebourton's national animal is the Raven, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity: 12 days ago
- 17 days ago: Ashebourton withdrew its endorsement from The Isla Paradiso of Tabcorp Park.
- 20 days ago: Ashebourton was endorsed by The Kingdom of Grand Nicholia.
- 20 days ago: Ashebourton was endorsed by The United Social Republics of Jailpur.
- 25 days ago: Ashebourton fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 25 days ago: Ashebourton fell out of the regional Top 5% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 43 days ago: Ashebourton fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Influential.
- 44 days ago: Ashebourton was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans (last census: Top 10%).
- 44 days ago: Following new legislation in Ashebourton, citizens simply have to point a weapon at a government official to get what they want.
- 45 days ago: Ashebourton lodged a message on the The New Commonwealth Society Regional Message Board.
- 46 days ago: Following new legislation in Ashebourton, the government spends more on chasing distant comets than on basic infrastructure.