“Onward, to the Future”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Duckspeaker
Location: The New Commonwealth Society
The United Principality of Ashebourton is a colossal, economically powerful nation, ruled by Prince Espinosa with a fair hand, and remarkable for its keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 9.29 billion Ashebourtonians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Defence, with areas such as Religion & Spirituality and Public Transport receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Charlottestown. The average income tax rate is 80%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry.
Space shuttles regularly launch rubbish into space, large sections of Ashebourton have been named national reserves to protect the native tribes living there, students are known to arrive at school in their pyjamas, and rioting during the nation's hosting of ORDER caused one million Dominion Dollars of property damage. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ashebourton's national animal is the Raven, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its currency is the Dominion Dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 7 days ago
- 5 days ago: Ashebourton was endorsed by The Liberated Peoples of The Valley of Orcs.
- 7 days ago: Ashebourton lodged a message on the The New Commonwealth Society Regional Message Board.
- 12 days ago: Ashebourton was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 19 days ago: Ashebourton fell out of the regional Top 10% for Smartest Citizens.
- 24 days ago: Ashebourton's influence in The New Commonwealth Society fell from "Envoy" to "Duckspeaker".
- 26 days ago: Ashebourton was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Nudest.
- 39 days ago: Ashebourton was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments (last census: Top 5%).
- 39 days ago: Ashebourton was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Least Corrupt Governments.
- 41 days ago: Ashebourton was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Best Weather (last census: Top 5%).
- 43 days ago: Ashebourton was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Influential.