“Donec tempus sistit”
|Category: Father Knows Best State|
Regional Influence: Eminence Grise
The Archduchy of Aexalla is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Archduke and Duchess Josť and Katherine with an iron fist, and notable for its punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 7.041 billion Aexallans are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Law & Order, and the Environment. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sanguis. The average income tax rate is 75%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Conductors wield diamond-encrusted batons to fit in with their freshly gilded surroundings, postmen have been arrested in job lots for selling junk mail as home insulation, high-income earners pay a 100% tax rate, and the dead are minced up and sold to people in burger form. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Aexalla's national animal is the Kodiak Bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is The Church of Aexalla, and its currency is the Drokmyn.
Most Recent Government Activity: 13 hours ago
- 12 hours ago: Aexalla fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Defense Forces.
- 2 days 12 hours ago: Aexalla fell out of the regional Top 10% for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides.
- 19 days ago: Aexalla was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Police Ratios.
- 27 days ago: Aexalla was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Beautiful Environments.
- 29 days ago: Aexalla was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 31 days ago: Aexalla lodged a message on the Arctic Regional Message Board.
- 43 days ago: Aexalla lodged a message on the Arctic Regional Message Board.
- 43 days ago: Aexalla updated the World Factbook entry in Arctic.
- 43 days ago: Aexalla rejected a request from Chris puppet storage for an embassy with Arctic.
- 44 days ago: Aexalla lodged a message on the Arctic Regional Message Board.