“Sub nive inimicos putrescet”
|Category: Compulsory Consumerist State|
Regional Influence: Contender
The Grand Duchy of Aexalla is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Archduke and Duchess Josť and Katherine with an iron fist, and renowned for its ban on automobiles. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 4.16 billion are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on Defence, although Law & Order and Healthcare are on the agenda. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sanguis. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 57%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Organ donation is compulsory, the government seizes all major gold finds, knitting needles have been banned in the name of public safety, and citizens who leave the country are officially classed as traitors. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Aexalla's national animal is the Kodiak Bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is The Church of Aexalla, and its currency is the Drokmyn.
Most Recent Government Activity: 103 minutes ago
- 1 day 22 hours ago: Aexalla fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Extreme.
- 2 days 22 hours ago: Aexalla was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- 3 days 6 hours ago: Aexalla lodged a message on the Arctic Regional Message Board.
- 13 days ago: Aexalla was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides.
- 24 days ago: Aexalla lodged a message on the Arctic Regional Message Board.
- 24 days ago: Aexalla approved the World Assembly proposal "Condemn Emporia Towers".
- 31 days ago: Aexalla lodged a message on the Arctic Regional Message Board.
- 35 days ago: Aexalla was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Extreme.
- 37 days ago: Aexalla lodged a message on the Arctic Regional Message Board.
- 40 days ago: Aexalla was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.