|Currency||pound of flesh|
The Watchmen of Rorschach is a gargantuan, cultured nation, renowned for its frequent executions, zero percent divorce rate, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate population of 38.501 billion Rorschachians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Environment, Education, and Welfare. The average income tax rate is 90.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Rorschachian economy, worth a remarkable 2,512 trillion pounds of flesh a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Book Publishing industry. State-owned companies are the norm. Average income is 65,269 pounds of flesh, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Glittering new sports stadiums adorn every city and town, murder victims' families receive windfall payouts when the murderers are executed, toddlers are wielding machine guns in the name of national defense, and birth rates have hit an all-time low. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Rorschach's national animal is the buzzard, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Rorschach lodged a message on the Texas Regional Message Board.
- : Rorschach was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Smartest Citizens and Safest.
- : Rorschach was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Law Enforcement.
- : Rorschach was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Best Weather.
- : Rorschach was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments.
- : Rorschach's influence in Texas fell from "Ambassador" to "Diplomat".
- : Rorschach was endorsed by The Big Tex Happy Taco Stands of NewTexas.
- : Rorschach's influence in Texas rose from "Minnow" to "Ambassador".
- : Rorschach endorsed The Big Tex Happy Taco Stands of NewTexas.
- : Rorschach was admitted to the World Assembly.
Endorsements Received: 1 » NewTexas.