The Watchmen of Rorschach is a gargantuan, safe nation, remarkable for its public floggings, state-planned economy, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate population of 31.029 billion Rorschachians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Environment, and Education. The average income tax rate is 83.4%.
The strong Rorschachian economy, worth a remarkable 1,834 trillion pounds of flesh a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Book Publishing industry. Average income is 59,136 pounds of flesh, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.2 times as much as the poorest.
Cars speed down national highways while drivers sleep at the wheel, glittering new sports stadiums adorn every city and town, murder victims' families receive windfall payouts when the murderers are executed, and toddlers are wielding machine guns in the name of national defense. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Rorschach's national animal is the buzzard, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Rorschach was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Nicest Citizens.
- : Rorschach was endorsed by The Armed Republic of Sarahs-Texas.
- : Rorschach was endorsed by The City of Lewisville Texas.
- : Rorschach lost the endorsement of The City of Lewisville Texas.
- : Rorschach was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Compassionate Citizens.
- : Rorschach was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Average.
- : Rorschach was endorsed by The Gigantic Frozen Igloo of Studly Penguins.
- : Rorschach's influence in Texas fell from "Negotiator" to "Auxiliary".
- : Rorschach's influence in Texas rose from "Auxiliary" to "Negotiator".
- : Rorschach's influence in Texas rose from "Ambassador" to "Auxiliary".