The Familial Spirits of Devil Heart is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Matilda Love with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, restrictive gun laws, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 12.439 billion fiends love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The large, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Tazz. The average income tax rate is 95.6%.
The frighteningly efficient a fiend economy, worth a remarkable 2,097 trillion devils a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing and Information Technology. Average income is an impressive 168,658 devils, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Airplane passengers have been known to stuff pillows in their jackets to get extra arm room, earthquake sirens are a leading cause of hearing loss, divorce lawyers are found begging on the streets, and much of Devil Heart's computer network is controlled by a rampant artificial intelligence. Crime is totally unknown. Devil Heart's national animal is the Tasmanian Devil, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Devil Heart, much of Devil Heart's computer network is controlled by a rampant artificial intelligence.
- : Following new legislation in Devil Heart, divorce lawyers are found begging on the streets.
- : Following new legislation in Devil Heart, earthquake sirens are a leading cause of hearing loss.
- : Following new legislation in Devil Heart, airplane passengers have been known to stuff pillows in their jackets to get extra arm room.
- : Devil Heart was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes and the Top 5% for Most Extensive Public Healthcare.
- : Following new legislation in Devil Heart, the nation's new Mylab space station is notorious for being the loneliest place above the planet.
- : Devil Heart lodged a message on the Canada Regional Message Board.
- : Devil Heart was endorsed by The Dark Times of Jokovia.
- : Devil Heart endorsed The Dark Times of Jokovia.
- : Following new legislation in Devil Heart, the government is pouring billions into replacement brains.
Endorsements Received: 26 » Parkplace, Cowland5, Almonaster Nuevo, SLAM-ER, SetiCrunchers, Laughterandsunshine, Wild Mustanges, Stormaen, Firefights, New Vinland, Maple Islands, Mirahge, UBC, DataTechnica, New Kylynd, Fomdaeborg, Craptastica, Ionysia, United States of Buffaloia, Jamberry, MitkoSLand, Faxenland, Rossada, Very Small and Unusually Obscure Island, Capitalism Distilled, and Mr Ken Bone.