The Royal Maritime Union of New Vinland is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Prime Minister Theodore Paddington with a fair hand, and renowned for its national health service, strictly enforced bedtime, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 11.536 billion New Vinlanders are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The medium-sized, liberal government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Education, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Halifax. The average income tax rate is 58.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient New Vinlandic economy, worth a remarkable 1,674 trillion Maritime pounds a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Automobile Manufacturing, and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 145,179 Maritime pounds, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
The ruling party has a devil of a time keeping order in the ranks, cassocked priests and choirboys believe that what happens behind closed doors stays behind closed doors, in life full of care there is no time to stop and stare, and debates on whether toilet seats should be left up or down are increasingly commonplace. Crime is totally unknown. New Vinland's national animal is the Canada Lynx, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is The Anglican Protestant Church.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : New Vinland was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Rebellious Youth.
- : New Vinland endorsed The Lovable Vidit Empire of Vidit.
- : New Vinland lodged a message on the Canada Regional Message Board.
- : New Vinland was endorsed by The Lovable Vidit Empire of Vidit.
- : New Vinland voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Rights and Duties of WA States"".
- : New Vinland voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Choice in Education".
- : New Vinland was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Inclusive.
- : Following new legislation in New Vinland, debates on whether toilet seats should be left up or down are increasingly commonplace.
- : Following new legislation in New Vinland, in life full of care there is no time to stop and stare.
- : New Vinland was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extensive Civil Rights.