The Royal Maritime Union of New Vinland is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Prime Minister Theodore Paddington with a fair hand, and notable for its keen interest in outer space, smutty television, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 10.427 billion New Vinlanders hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Education, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Halifax. The average income tax rate is 51.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient New Vinlandic economy, worth a remarkable 1,535 trillion Maritime pounds a year, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Automobile Manufacturing, and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 147,303 Maritime pounds, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.9 times as much as the poorest.
The state considers itself the 'third parent' of every child in the nation, self-driving cars obey the road rules even during emergencies, the phrase 'spreading like wildfire' is no longer in the public lexicon, and politicians tend to jump ship to whichever party is currently leading in the polls. Crime is totally unknown. New Vinland's national animal is the Canada Lynx, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is The Anglican Protestant Church.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : New Vinland was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Following new legislation in New Vinland, politicians tend to jump ship to whichever party is currently leading in the polls.
- : Following new legislation in New Vinland, the phrase 'spreading like wildfire' is no longer in the public lexicon.
- : Following new legislation in New Vinland, self-driving cars obey the road rules even during emergencies.
- : New Vinland changed its national faith to "The Anglican Protestant Church".
- : New Vinland's influence in Canada fell from "Vassal" to "Apprentice".
- : New Vinland's influence in Canada rose from "Apprentice" to "Vassal".
- : New Vinland lodged a message on the Canada Regional Message Board.
- : New Vinland voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Right of Emigration"".
- : New Vinland endorsed Cambrdge.