|Leader||Prime Minister Theodore Paddington|
|Faith||The Anglican Protestant Church|
The Royal Maritime Union of New Vinland is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Prime Minister Theodore Paddington with a fair hand, and notable for its sprawling nuclear power plants, daily referendums, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 18.01 billion New Vinlanders are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Halifax. The average income tax rate is 72.9%.
The frighteningly efficient New Vinlandic economy, worth a remarkable 2,602 trillion Maritime pounds a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Automobile Manufacturing, and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 144,486 Maritime pounds, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.8 times as much as the poorest.
Pre-takeoff checks last longer than the flights themselves, there's nothing more gay than bleeding for your nation, hordes of tourists are ruining the environment, and therapists can always squeeze in another house-call. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. New Vinland's national animal is the Canada Lynx, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is The Anglican Protestant Church.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : New Vinland endorsed The United States of Novocidania.
- : New Vinland lodged a message on the Canada Regional Message Board.
- : New Vinland endorsed The Constitutional Monarchy of British Sovereign Isles.
- : New Vinland was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Compassionate Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in New Vinland, therapists can always squeeze in another house-call.
- : Following new legislation in New Vinland, hordes of tourists are ruining the environment.
- : New Vinland endorsed The Elitist Economic State of Elbega.
- : Following new legislation in New Vinland, there's nothing more gay than bleeding for your nation.
- : New Vinland endorsed The Democratic Republic of SetiCrunchers.
- : New Vinland was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of SetiCrunchers.