|Leader||Prime Minister Naomi Stewart-York|
|Faith||Anglican Church in Stormaen|
The Rainbow Isle of Stormaen is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Prime Minister Naomi Stewart-York with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, sprawling nuclear power plants, and smutty television. The compassionate, democratic population of 19.31 billion Stormaeners hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Georgetown. The average income tax rate is 47.3%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Stormaener economy, worth a remarkable 2,023 trillion Stormaen dollars a year, is led by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Information Technology. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 104,765 Stormaen dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.9 times as much as the poorest.
EpiPen sales have skyrocketed, families waiting for delayed pipe installations hope daily for rain, the new iVote app allows representatives to vote on legislation by launching ill-tempered birds and matching candies, and it's rumored that Marche Noire knows what the nation's generals eat for breakfast. Crime is totally unknown. Stormaen's national animal is the robin, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Anglican Church in Stormaen.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Stormaen changed its national nation type to "Rainbow Isle".
- : Stormaen lodged a message on the Canada Regional Message Board.
- : Stormaen altered its national flag.
- : Stormaen endorsed The Most Serene Republic of New Okanagan.
- : Stormaen was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of New Okanagan.
- : Stormaen was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Politically Free.
- : Stormaen was endorsed by The People's Republic of Leova.
- : Stormaen endorsed The People's Republic of Leova.
- : Stormaen endorsed The Matriarchy of Ilika.
- : Stormaen endorsed The Queendom of Buhg.
Endorsements Received: 28 » Almonaster Nuevo, Maple Islands, Laughterandsunshine, Devil Heart, Mirahge, Craptastica, East Canuck, SetiCrunchers, New Vinland, Mornangren, Faxenland, Fernandland, Firefights, British Canuckistan, New Kylynd, Ionysia, Kiljarit, Parkplace, Very Small and Unusually Obscure Island, Great Granland, Arcaz, Kencomi, Arrentine, Belvogrado, Kingdom of Space, Buhg, Leova, and New Okanagan.