The Green Isle of Stormaen is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Prime Minister Naomi Stewart-York with a fair hand, and notable for its smutty television, daily referendums, and unlimited-speed roads. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 15.703 billion Stormaeners hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Georgetown. The average income tax rate is 32.4%.
The frighteningly efficient Stormaener economy, worth a remarkable 1,690 trillion Stormaen dollars a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Information Technology, and Cheese Exports. Average income is an impressive 107,674 Stormaen dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.3 times as much as the poorest.
Respect is something that is typically forced rather than earned in Stormaen, arbitrary election rules are considered sacrosanct, citizens have to dodge their neighbor's drones while getting the morning paper, and students memorise knock-knock jokes for their mandatory twice-a-term Comedy Examinations. Crime is relatively low. Stormaen's national animal is the robin, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Anglican Church in Stormaen.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Stormaen lodged a message on the Canada Regional Message Board.
- : Stormaen was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Following new legislation in Stormaen, students memorise knock-knock jokes for their mandatory twice-a-term Comedy Examinations.
- : Following new legislation in Stormaen, citizens have to dodge their neighbor's drones while getting the morning paper.
- : Following new legislation in Stormaen, arbitrary election rules are considered sacrosanct.
- : Following new legislation in Stormaen, respect is something that is typically forced rather than earned in Stormaen.
- : Stormaen was endorsed by The Empire of Mornangren.
- : Stormaen endorsed The Republic of Sightmaladadans.
- : Stormaen endorsed The Commonwealth of The Couston.
- : Stormaen endorsed The Free Land of Harbinderland.
Endorsements Received: 25 » Parkplace, Almonaster Nuevo, Cowland5, Devil Heart, New Vinland, SetiCrunchers, SLAM-ER, Firefights, Auq, Mirahge, Maple Islands, UBC, New Kylynd, Fomdaeborg, Craptastica, Ionysia, Faxenland, Vancili, Arcaz, Vidit, Ishmiel, Copttommans, Very Small and Unusually Obscure Island, British Canuckistan, and Mornangren.