The Green Isle of Stormaen is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Prime Minister Naomi Stewart-York with a fair hand, and renowned for its smutty television, daily referendums, and sprawling nuclear power plants. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 15.895 billion Stormaeners hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Georgetown. The average income tax rate is 35.4%.
The frighteningly efficient Stormaener economy, worth a remarkable 1,679 trillion Stormaen dollars a year, is led by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Information Technology, and Cheese Exports. Average income is an impressive 105,684 Stormaen dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.3 times as much as the poorest.
Respect is something that is typically forced rather than earned in Stormaen, arbitrary election rules are considered sacrosanct, citizens have to dodge their neighbor's drones while getting the morning paper, and students memorise knock-knock jokes for their mandatory twice-a-term Comedy Examinations. Crime is relatively low. Stormaen's national animal is the robin, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Anglican Church in Stormaen.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Stormaen endorsed The Commonwealth of Pivnich.
- : Stormaen was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments.
- : Stormaen was endorsed by The Destroyed and Failing Land of Sightmaladadans.
- : Stormaen was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Nicest Citizens.
- : Stormaen was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Pivnich.
- : Stormaen voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Ransium".
- : Stormaen voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Freedom to Seek Medical Care".
- : Stormaen endorsed The Helladric Commonwealth of Ionysia.
- : Stormaen endorsed The Commonwealth of Jamadlenter.
- : Stormaen was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extensive Public Healthcare.
Endorsements Received: 27 » Parkplace, Almonaster Nuevo, Cowland5, Devil Heart, New Vinland, SetiCrunchers, SLAM-ER, Firefights, Auq, Mirahge, Maple Islands, UBC, New Kylynd, Fomdaeborg, Craptastica, Faxenland, Vancili, Arcaz, Vidit, Copttommans, Very Small and Unusually Obscure Island, British Canuckistan, Mornangren, Mesocricetus Auratus Peninsula, Arrentine, Pivnich, and Sightmaladadans.