|Leader||Alejandro de las Torres Altas|
The Zombie hunters of Almonaster Nuevo is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Alejandro de las Torres Altas with a fair hand, and notable for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, complete lack of prisons, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 26.376 billion Nuevanos are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The relatively small, liberal, outspoken government is dominated by the Department of Education, with Environment and Social Policy also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Defense aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Mizumigari. The average income tax rate is 4.5%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Nuevan economy, worth a remarkable 8,520 trillion Fracts a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an amazing 323,038 Fracts, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Meat-eating is frowned upon, the government has ordered a moratorium on referenda, the leading national news source is 'my cousin Billy-Bob on MyFace', and 'A is for Annulment' is a popular children's song. Crime, especially youth-related, is pervasive, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Almonaster Nuevo's national animal is the Loon, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Almonaster Nuevo was endorsed by The Matriarchy of Ilika.
- : Almonaster Nuevo altered the regional flag of Canada.
- : Almonaster Nuevo rejected a request from The Steakhouse in Nationstates for an embassy with Canada.
- : Following new legislation in Almonaster Nuevo, 'A is for Annulment' is a popular children's song.
- : Following new legislation in Almonaster Nuevo, the leading national news source is 'my cousin Billy-Bob on MyFace'.
- : Almonaster Nuevo endorsed The People's Republic of Leova.
- : Almonaster Nuevo endorsed The Matriarchy of Ilika.
- : Following new legislation in Almonaster Nuevo, the government has ordered a moratorium on referenda.
- : Following new legislation in Almonaster Nuevo, meat-eating is frowned upon.
- : Following new legislation in Almonaster Nuevo, mystics are claiming that a simultaneous rise in scepticism and education budgets is correlation rather than causation.
Endorsements Received: 32 » Cowland5, Parkplace, Kiljarit, Devil Heart, Wild Mustanges, Mojaguay, SetiCrunchers, Firefights, New Vinland, Mirahge, Maple Islands, MitkoSLand, Faxenland, British Canuckistan, Mornangren, Vancili, East Canuck, Elbega, Stormaen, New Kylynd, Ionysia, Very Small and Unusually Obscure Island, Arcaz, Great Granland, Kencomi, SLAM-ER, Arrentine, Belvogrado, Kingdom of Space, Ubique, Eres, and Ilika.