“He who allows oppression shares the crime. ”
|Category: Capitalist Paradise|
Regional Influence: Powerbroker
Location: The United States
The American State of Topid is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Alex Corvis with an even hand, and notable for its complete lack of public education. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 12.453 billion Topes are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded, corrupt, pro-business individuals is effectively ruled by the Department of Commerce, with areas such as the Environment and Social Equality receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Crow City. Income tax is unheard of. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Information Technology, Uranium Mining, and Woodchip Exports industries.
Referenda are held for every conceivable government action, scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes, vanity is considered the fifth cardinal virtue, and consuming ecstasy is a common rite of passage. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is crippling. Topid's national animal is the Crow, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Heartagrism, and its currency is the dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 10 days ago
- 3 days 23 hours ago: Topid was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Lowest Unemployment Rates (last census: Top 5%).
- 6 days ago: Topid was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector (last census: #1).
- 8 days ago: Topid was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Elvennheim.
- 8 days ago: Topid was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Retail Industry (last census: Top 5%).
- 8 days ago: Topid was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Retail Industry (last census: Top 10%).
- 9 days ago: Topid was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of The Western China.
- 9 days ago: Topid lost the endorsement of The Constitutional Monarchy of The Western China.
- 10 days ago: Topid lost the endorsement of The Armed Republic of The Vilkings.
- 10 days ago: Topid's influence in The United States rose from "Eminence Grise" to "Powerbroker".
- 10 days ago: Topid was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.