“OM Bharata Vrika”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Power
The United Tribes of Sonnveld is a gargantuan, genial nation, notable for its national health service. The compassionate, intelligent population of 17.963 billion Sonnveldians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, the Environment, and Social Equality. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Shining Circle. The average income tax rate is 100%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Postmen have been arrested in job lots for selling junk mail as home insulation, the importance of winning Olympic gold medals is indoctrinated from an early age, politicians constantly ring their voters to remind them how good a job they're doing, and new safety regulations require all cars manufactured in Sonnveld to be bombproof. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Sonnveld's national animal is the Black wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the sonn.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 19 hours ago
- 1 day 19 hours ago: Sonnveld voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend McMasterdonia".
- 1 day 19 hours ago: Sonnveld voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Convention on Fracking".
- 1 day 20 hours ago: Sonnveld was reclassified from "Scandinavian Liberal Paradise" to "Democratic Socialists".
- 5 days ago: Sonnveld was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Scandinavian Liberal Paradise".
- 7 days ago: Sonnveld was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Defense Forces.
- 13 days ago: Sonnveld fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- 16 days ago: Sonnveld was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Publishing Industry (last census: Top 5%).
- 19 days ago: Sonnveld lodged a message on the India Regional Message Board.
- 19 days ago: Sonnveld voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Commend The Joint Systems Alliance"".
- 19 days ago: Sonnveld voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Prevention of Wildfires".