The United Tribes of Sonnveld is a gargantuan, genial nation, remarkable for its museums and concert halls, keen interest in outer space, and smutty television. The compassionate population of 22.654 billion Sonnveldak are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Social Policy. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Shining Circle. The average income tax rate is 98.8%.
The strong Sonnveldische economy, worth a remarkable 3,845 trillion sonns a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 169,754 sonns, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.3 times as much as the poorest.
Failed genetic experiments wreak havoc as they roam the countryside, children's toy tractors have been seized as state property, the government has declined to declare any particular religion as its 'official' one, and skateparks can be found in every city. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Sonnveld's national animal is the Golden Alphyn, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Sonnveld's influence in India rose from "Duckspeaker" to "Envoy".
- : Sonnveld voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Benevolent Thomas".
- : Following new legislation in Sonnveld, skateparks can be found in every city.
- : Sonnveld changed its national animal to "Golden Alphyn".
- : Sonnveld was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Average Incomes.
- : Sonnveld voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Lone Wolves United".
- : Sonnveld voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Foreign Patent Recognition"".
- : Sonnveld lodged a message on the India Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in Sonnveld, the government has declined to declare any particular religion as its 'official' one.
- : Following new legislation in Sonnveld, children's toy tractors have been seized as state property.
Endorsements Received: None.