“A Land of Hope”
|Category: Corporate Bordello|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: New Delian League
The United States of Almagordo is a gargantuan, economically powerful nation, remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 10.077 billion are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Welfare, and Law & Order. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 18%. A substantial private sector is led by the Retail industry, followed by Gambling and Basket Weaving.
The latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller, education and welfare spending are on the rise, young children are regularly seen wagering pocket money at blackjack tables, and the government is avowedly atheist. Crime is moderate. Almagordo's national animal is the beaver, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 22 days ago
- 5 days ago: Almagordo fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Influential.
- 19 days ago: Almagordo was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Influential.
- 22 days ago: Almagordo relocated from Galapagos to New Delian League.
- 48 days ago: Almagordo was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Happiest Citizens.
- 141 days ago: Almagordo relocated from Lazarus to Galapagos.
- 141 days ago: Almagordo was refounded.
- 141 days ago: Almagordo ceased to exist.
- 201 days ago: Almagordo relocated from M1A1 to Galapagos.
- 201 days ago: Almagordo relocated from Galapagos to M1A1.
- 271 days ago: Almagordo altered its national flag.