The Queen's State of Almagordo is a gargantuan, efficient nation, notable for its burgeoning deer population. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 14.633 billion Almagordoans are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
The medium-sized, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Law & Order. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 27.2%.
The very strong Almagordoan economy, worth 588 trillion betales a year, is quite specialized and led by the Gambling industry, with major contributions from Retail, Basket Weaving, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is 40,239 betales, with the richest citizens earning 8.9 times as much as the poorest.
The latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller, education and welfare spending are on the rise, young children are regularly seen wagering pocket money at blackjack tables, and the government is avowedly atheist. Crime is moderate. Almagordo's national animal is the deer, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Almagordo relocated from Lazarus to B1 Kingdom.
- : Almagordo was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Almagordo ceased to exist.
- : Almagordo fell out of the world Top 10% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Almagordo relocated from The Americas to Richard.
- : Almagordo fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Gambling Industry.
- : Almagordo fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Rebellious Youth.
- : Almagordo was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Populations (last census: Top 5%).
- : Almagordo was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Populations (last census: Top 5%).
- : Almagordo altered its national flag.