The Island Republic of Mark is a gargantuan, safe nation, renowned for its museums and concert halls, punitive income tax rates, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, democratic population of 19.037 billion Markians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, outspoken government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Mark City. The average income tax rate is 79.7%.
The very strong Markian economy, worth 928 trillion Punts a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Cheese Exports industry, with significant contributions from Soda Sales. Average income is 48,780 Punts, with the richest citizens earning 5.3 times as much as the poorest.
Mark successfully hosted the Iran Olympics, the government seizes all major gold finds, hundreds of thousands of convicts work as slaves in Mark's many privately-owned prisons, and employers may fire workers without giving any reason. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Mark's national animal is the Mighty Dog, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Mark voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Military Identification Tag Act"".
- : Mark endorsed The Cuddly Red Paws of Ginger Panda.
- : Mark's influence in Iran rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Mark voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Supporting and Valuing the Humanities".
- : Mark voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Condemn Vandoosa"".
- : Mark voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Regulating Desalination".
- : Mark voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Apulita".
- : Mark endorsed The Community of Saarinen.
- : Mark endorsed The Commonwealth of United Counties of Escanaba.
- : Mark endorsed The Angry Blue Warcow of Woonrocket.
Endorsements Received: None.