The Nuts and Bolts of Decacon is a massive, orderly nation, ruled by The Rt Hon Rand Chastain with an iron fist, and notable for its anti-smoking policies, frequent executions, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, cynical, devout population of 4.164 billion Ten-Fingers are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of The 10th District. The average income tax rate is 84.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Ten-Fingered economy, worth 257 trillion Decis a year, is quite specialized and led by the Automobile Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Cheese Exports, and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 61,796 Decis, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Acrimonious legal battles result during divorce proceedings, science centers and state of the art laboratories are ubiquitous, citizens wishing to be parents must undertake a series of gruelling tests to evaluate their capabilities, and citizens re-mortgage their homes to buy lottery tickets. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Decacon's national animal is the Ten-Fingered Alligator, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Decacon applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Decacon changed its national leader to "The Rt Hon Rand Chastain".
- : Following new legislation in Decacon, citizens re-mortgage their homes to buy lottery tickets.
- : Decacon changed its national leader to "Senator Rand Chastain-Anumia".
- : Following new legislation in Decacon, citizens wishing to be parents must undertake a series of gruelling tests to evaluate their capabilities.
- : Decacon was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Foreign Aid Spending.
- : The Peek-a-Boo Players of Mousebumples dismissed Decacon as Minister of Interior of Europeia.
- : Decacon was ravaged by a Zombie Horde from White asian, infecting 1 million survivors.
- : Decacon was ravaged by a Zombie Horde from Monscifinds, infecting 1 million survivors.
- : Decacon was struck by a Cure Missile from Nation of yea, curing 1 million infected.