“In Seamen We Trust”
|Category: Corporate Police State|
Regional Influence: Eminence Grise
Location: The Council of Power
The Overlords of Seamen Land is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Overlord McDonald with an iron fist, and remarkable for its complete absence of social welfare. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 2.406 billion are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, pro-business government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Law & Order, and Commerce. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Seamen City. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 79%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, followed by Uranium Mining and Woodchip Exports.
Jails have become colloquially known as 'vampire houses', citizens must have a license to operate a computer, airport security is provided by private companies, and the government is a law unto itself. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Seamen Land's national animal is the Penguin, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is a major religion, and its currency is the Jazzicer.
Most Recent Government Activity: 16 days ago
- 4 hours ago: Seamen Land fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Public Sector.
- 10 days ago: Seamen Land fell out of the regional Top 10% for Smartest Citizens.
- 25 days ago: Seamen Land fell out of the regional Top 10% for Lowest Crime Rates.
- 29 days ago: Seamen Land fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Agricultural Sector.
- 36 days ago: Seamen Land fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 42 days ago: Seamen Land fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Pro-Market.
- 42 days ago: Following new legislation in Seamen Land, the government is a law unto itself.
- 42 days ago: Following new legislation in Seamen Land, airport security is provided by private companies.
- 51 days ago: Seamen Land was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Safest (last census: Top 10%).
- 52 days ago: Seamen Land fell out of the world Top 10% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.