The Grand Conclave of Saphirasia is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by the Parun Council with an even hand, and notable for its anti-smoking policies, prohibition of alcohol, and rampant corporate plagiarism. The hard-nosed, humorless population of 11.079 billion Saphirasians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Arovostok. The average income tax rate is 42.3%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The Saphirasian economy, worth 531 trillion rubles a year, is highly specialized and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Automobile Manufacturing and Uranium Mining. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 47,972 rubles, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Recruitment posters proclaim the army to be both fabulous and fashionable, bombs are permitted on planes for the 'security of the passengers', the country's famous rainforests are being bulldozed by the mining industry, and traffic jams are a common sight due to construction work from a massive overhaul of the nation's freeways. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Saphirasia's national animal is the Peregrine Falcon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Mat'Selesnya.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Saphirasia's influence in Pony Lands rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Saphirasia's influence in Pony Lands rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Saphirasia's influence in Pony Lands rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Saphirasia's influence in Pony Lands rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Saphirasia's influence in Pony Lands rose from "Zero" to "Hatchling".
- : Saphirasia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Defense Forces, Most Advanced Law Enforcement, and Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector and the Top 10% for Healthiest Citizens and Largest Populations.
- : Saphirasia altered its national flag.
- : Saphirasia relocated from Balder to Pony Lands.
- : Saphirasia was refounded in Balder.
- : Saphirasia ceased to exist.