The Grand Conclave of Saphirasia is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by the Parun Council with an even hand, and remarkable for its prohibition of alcohol, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, humorless population of 8.752 billion Saphirasians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Arovostok. The average income tax rate is 42.2%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The strong Saphirasian economy, worth 419 trillion rubles a year, is highly specialized and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Automobile Manufacturing and Uranium Mining. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 47,925 rubles, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Recruitment posters proclaim the army to be both fabulous and fashionable, bombs are permitted on planes for the 'security of the passengers', the country's famous rainforests are being bulldozed by the mining industry, and traffic jams are a common sight due to construction work from a massive overhaul of the nation's freeways. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Saphirasia's national animal is the Peregrine Falcon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Mat'Selesnya.
Most Recent Government Activity: 4 days ago
- 17 days ago: Saphirasia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Lowest Overall Tax Burden.
- 99 days ago: Saphirasia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Godforsaken.
- 115 days ago: Saphirasia lodged a message on the Sapphire Regional Message Board.
- 115 days ago: Saphirasia relocated from Pony Lands to Sapphire.
- 117 days ago: Saphirasia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector.
- 135 days ago: Saphirasia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Populations (last census: Top 5%).
- 175 days ago: Saphirasia fell out of the world Top 10% for Lowest Overall Tax Burden.
- 183 days ago: Saphirasia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Police Ratios.
- 183 days ago: Saphirasia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Highest Police Ratios.
- 208 days ago: Orussia was struck by a Cure Missile from Saphirasia, curing 1 million infected.