The Maritime Republic of Saltpans is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by The Board with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, keen interest in outer space, and multi-spousal wedding ceremonies. The compassionate, democratic population of 5.813 billion Saltpansians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, outspoken government prioritizes Education, although Environment, Healthcare, and Public Transport are also considered important, while Spirituality and Defense aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sunspear. The average income tax rate is 76.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Saltpansian economy, worth 458 trillion Republic Dollars a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Information Technology. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 78,838 Republic Dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government is seen as openly hostile to all religion, anyone who so much as frowns risks being referred to a mental health unit, it is a common belief that a sport isn't sport if there are no decapitations, and almost all of Saltpans's water is piped into the country from abroad for exorbitant prices. Crime is totally unknown. Saltpans's national animal is the Herring, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Saltpans's influence in The Allied States rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Saltpans's influence in The Allied States rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Saltpans was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans and Most Developed.
- : Saltpans's influence in The Allied States rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Saltpans voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Foreign Patent Act".
- : Saltpans was admitted to the World Assembly.
- : Saltpans applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Saltpans altered its national flag.
- : Following new legislation in Saltpans, almost all of Saltpans's water is piped into the country from abroad for exorbitant prices.
- : Following new legislation in Saltpans, it is a common belief that a sport isn't sport if there are no decapitations.
Endorsements Received: None.