“Where there is civilisation, there is law and order.”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Armed Republic of Pristina is a huge, genial nation, ruled by Blaise van Persie with an even hand, and notable for its devotion to social welfare. Its compassionate, hard-working population of 959 million have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defence, and Education. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Chester. The average income tax rate is 69%. A large private sector is dominated by the Information Technology industry.
The nation's soldiers are considered the best-dressed in Wintreath, builders spend more time negotiating "tasteful architecture" than on actual construction, travel bureaus double as recruiting centers for national intelligence agencies, and citizens are regularly arrested in queues for 'loitering'. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Pristina's national animal is the Falcon, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Pristin.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 14 hours ago
- 6 hours ago: Pristina was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Safest.
- 1 day 5 hours ago: Pristina fell out of the world Top 10% for Best Weather.
- 1 day 6 hours ago: Pristina was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Best Weather.
- 1 day 7 hours ago: Following new legislation in Pristina, citizens are regularly arrested in queues for 'loitering'.
- 1 day 7 hours ago: Following new legislation in Pristina, travel bureaus double as recruiting centers for national intelligence agencies.
- 1 day 14 hours ago: Pristina changed its national leader to "Blaise van Persie".
- 1 day 14 hours ago: Pristina altered its national flag.
- 1 day 14 hours ago: Pristina voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate St Abbaddon".
- 1 day 14 hours ago: Pristina voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Responsible Armaments Trading".
- 6 days ago: Pristina was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Happiest Citizens.
Endorsements Received: None.