The Land of the Morning Calm of North Yemen- is a colossal, orderly nation, ruled by Tsar Andrei Bogdanov with an iron fist, and renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape, anti-smoking policies, and enslaved workforce. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 9.336 billion Daeseongans are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The relatively small, corrupt, pro-business, well-organized government prioritizes Defense, although Law & Order, Education, and Industry are also considered important, while Environment receives no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Gwacheon. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 24.3%.
The frighteningly efficient Daeseongan economy, worth a remarkable 1,164 trillion Wons a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Gambling, and Automobile Manufacturing. Black market activity is frequent. Average income is an impressive 124,715 Wons, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 591,735 per year while the poor average 15,511, a ratio of 38.1 to 1.
Morning coffees are no longer the same since the disappearance of newspapers, surrealist houses shaped like mushrooms and volcanoes dominate the wealthiest neighborhoods, foreign 'investors' have been taking a great interest in the new secret shuttle, and birth rates have hit an all-time low. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. North Yemen-'s national animal is the Siberian Tiger, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Muism.
North Yemen- is ranked 12th in Maredoratica and 13,185th in the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates, scoring 233 on the Workforce Participation Versus Theoretical Maximum Metric.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : North Yemen- fell out of the world Top 10% for Lowest Unemployment Rates.
- : Following new legislation in North Yemen-, birth rates have hit an all-time low.
- : Following new legislation in North Yemen-, foreign 'investors' have been taking a great interest in the new secret shuttle.
- : Following new legislation in North Yemen-, surrealist houses shaped like mushrooms and volcanoes dominate the wealthiest neighborhoods.
- : Following new legislation in North Yemen-, morning coffees are no longer the same since the disappearance of newspapers.
- : North Yemen- changed its national nation type to "Land of the Morning Calm".
- : North Yemen- changed its national animal to "Siberian Tiger", its capital to "Gwacheon", its currency to "Won", its demonym to "Daeseongan", its demonym adjective to "Daeseongan", its demonym plural to "Daeseongans", its faith to "Muism", its motto to "To Benefit the World!", and its nation type to "Imperial State of Daeseong".
- : North Yemen- altered its national flag.
- : Following new legislation in North Yemen-, the only places to see Siberian Tigers now are at local zoos.
- : North Yemen- was reclassified from "Compulsory Consumerist State" to "Corporate Police State".