The Democratic Republic of Neo Kingston is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by President Johnson with an even hand, and remarkable for its daily referendums, restrictive gun laws, and devotion to social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 5.024 billion Neo Kingstonians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Education, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kingston. The average income tax rate is 61.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Neo Kingstonian economy, worth 659 trillion Kingston Dollars a year, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Retail. Average income is an impressive 131,363 Kingston Dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Chalkboards are replaced with billboards in the classroom, mothers are routinely abandoning their children in the name of women's rights, President Johnson claims to be the epitome of family values, and discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation is illegal. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Neo Kingston's national animal is the Grasshopper, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Neo Kingston was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Neo Kingston was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector.
- : Neo Kingston was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Rebellious Youth.
- : Neo Kingston was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : Neo Kingston was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Subsidized Industry (last census: Top 10%).
- : Neo Kingston altered its national flag.
- : Neo Kingston was refounded in Osiris.
- : Neo Kingston ceased to exist.
- : Neo Kingston was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Retail Industry.
- : Neo Kingston was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Pacifist (last census: Top 10%).