“The earth shall arise on new foundations”
|Category: Scandinavian Liberal Paradise|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Supreme Socialist State of Mokawania is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, remarkable for its complete lack of prisons. Its compassionate population of 17.358 billion enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Social Equality, the Environment, and Social Welfare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Moscow. The average income tax rate is 81%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Tax evaders are regularly visited by agents of the Mokawania Blood Tithe, colleges adhere to rigid ethnic quotas for admissions, teachers are routinely tested to keep their jobs, and it is illegal for police officers to carry out searches due to strict privacy laws. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is pervasive, probably because of the country's utter lack of prisons. Mokawania's national animal is the grizzly, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Koma.
Most Recent Government Activity: 14 days ago
- 19 days ago: Mokawania was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- 41 days ago: Mokawania fell out of the world Top 10% for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- 41 days ago: Mokawania was refounded in Lazarus.
- 43 days ago: Mokawania ceased to exist.
- 71 days ago: Following new legislation in Mokawania, it is illegal for police officers to carry out searches due to strict privacy laws.
- 75 days ago: Following new legislation in Mokawania, teachers are routinely tested to keep their jobs.
- 75 days ago: Following new legislation in Mokawania, colleges adhere to rigid ethnic quotas for admissions.
- 79 days ago: Mokawania changed its national currency to "Koma" and its capital to "Moscow".
- 83 days ago: Mokawania was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments.
- 100 days ago: Mokawania was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Defense Forces.