“People unite for a better world!”
|Category: Scandinavian Liberal Paradise|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Socalist Republic of Inochia is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Peter Cistrae with an even hand, and remarkable for its hatred of cheese. Its hard-nosed, intelligent population of 3.742 billion enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, liberal government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, the Environment, and Defence. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Tresden. The average income tax rate is 76%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
There's a shortage of swinging hot spots as land development grinds to a halt, houses and businesses are bulldozed to make way for ever-expanding cemeteries, the government pours millions of Slovkas into rehabilitation programs annually, and 'unconventional' weaponry has been banned. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Inochia's national animal is the Bear, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Slovka.
Most Recent Government Activity: 8 hours ago
- 7 hours ago: Inochia published "Map of Europe (with Inochia)" (Factbook: Geography).
- 8 hours ago: Inochia changed its national leader to "Peter Cistrae".
- 8 hours ago: Inochia altered its national flag.
- 8 hours ago: Inochia relocated from Lazarus to Europe.
- 8 hours ago: Inochia was refounded in Lazarus.
- 197 days ago: Inochia ceased to exist.
- 201 days ago: Inochia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Best Weather (last census: Top 5%).
- 214 days ago: Inochia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Beautiful Environments.
- 225 days ago: Inochia fell out of the world Top 10% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 226 days ago: Inochia relocated from Osiris to Derhimmel.