The Republic of Grishnum is a colossal, cultured nation, notable for its parental licensing program, daily referendums, and complete lack of prisons. The hard-working, democratic population of 8.474 billion Grishnumians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government prioritizes Education, although Welfare, Healthcare, and Industry are also considered important. The average income tax rate is 36.5%.
The strong Grishnumian economy, worth 433 trillion Dollars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Uranium Mining industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Automobile Manufacturing, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Black market activity is notable. Average income is 51,203 Dollars, with the richest citizens earning 5.3 times as much as the poorest.
Computer users are buried daily in thousands of unsolicited emails, the police crack down on tax evaders without mercy, the alarmingly racist TV show 'Bigtopians Say the Darndest Things' is a hit, and school uniforms are compulsory. Crime, especially youth-related, is moderate, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Grishnum's national animal is the Dinosaur, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity: 12 days ago
- 12 days ago: Grishnum fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Cultured.
- 20 days ago: Grishnum was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Cultured.
- 38 days ago: Grishnum was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Influential.
- 38 days ago: Grishnum was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Influential.
- 42 days ago: Grishnum fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Cultured.
- 67 days ago: Grishnum's influence in The Black Hawks fell from "Envoy" to "Duckspeaker".
- 73 days ago: Grishnum fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Cheese Export Sector.
- 74 days ago: Grishnum was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Rebellious Youth (last census: Top 10%).
- 77 days ago: Grishnum fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Politically Free.
- 103 days ago: Grishnum was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Populations.