The Republic of Grishnum is a colossal, cultured nation, remarkable for its anti-smoking policies, parental licensing program, and complete lack of prisons. The hard-working, democratic population of 9.233 billion Grishnumians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government prioritizes Education, although Welfare, Healthcare, and Industry are also considered important. The average income tax rate is 36.5%.
The strong Grishnumian economy, worth 472 trillion Dollars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Uranium Mining industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Automobile Manufacturing, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Black market activity is notable. Average income is 51,203 Dollars, with the richest citizens earning 5.3 times as much as the poorest.
Computer users are buried daily in thousands of unsolicited emails, the police crack down on tax evaders without mercy, the alarmingly racist TV show 'Bigtopians Say the Darndest Things' is a hit, and school uniforms are compulsory. Crime, especially youth-related, is moderate, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Grishnum's national animal is the Dinosaur, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Grishnum is ranked 105th in The Black Hawks and 58,433rd in the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates, scoring 69 on the Workforce Participation Versus Theoretical Maximum Metric.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Grishnum was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Populations.
- : Grishnum's influence in The Black Hawks rose from "Handshaker" to "Duckspeaker".
- : Grishnum's influence in The Black Hawks fell from "Duckspeaker" to "Handshaker".
- : Grishnum was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Compassionate Citizens.
- : Grishnum was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Rebellious Youth (last census: Top 10%).
- : Grishnum was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Rebellious Youth (last census: Top 5%).
- : Grishnum fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Cultured.
- : Grishnum was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Cultured.
- : Grishnum was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Influential.
- : Grishnum was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Influential.