“as if you could afford a visa.”
|Category: Corrupt Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Modern Aristocracy of Eiffel is a colossal, economically powerful nation, ruled by The Society Council with an iron fist, and remarkable for its national health service. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 5.554 billion Eiffelians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is mainly concerned with Law & Order, although Defence and Commerce are on the agenda. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Raxus. The average income tax rate is 89%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
Sociologists can charge whatever fee they like as the nation tried to find itself, newspapers cannot report anything about politicians without their explicit consent, politicians are losing their jobs in a plan to make the government 'leaner and fitter', and prenuptial contracts have replaced diamond rings in marriage proposals. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Eiffel's national animal is the Volus, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Siari, and its currency is the Society Note.
Most Recent Government Activity: 4 days ago
- 1 day 9 hours ago: Eiffel was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Best Weather.
- 3 days 9 hours ago: Eiffel was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Populations.
- 4 days ago: Eiffel relocated from The Kingdom of Great Britain to Albion.
- 5 days ago: Eiffel was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 8 days ago: Eiffel was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Developed.
- 12 days ago: Eiffel was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Defense Forces.
- 13 days ago: Eiffel was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare.
- 16 days ago: Eiffel was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Healthiest Citizens.
- 19 days ago: Eiffel was ranked #1 in the region for Most Cultured.
- 20 days ago: Eiffel was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Scientifically Advanced.