The Modern Aristocracy of Eiffel is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by The Society Council with an even hand, and notable for its anti-smoking policies, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and sprawling nuclear power plants. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 6.151 billion Eiffelians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous, corrupt government prioritizes Law & Order, although Defense, Environment, and Industry are also considered important. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Raxus. The average income tax rate is 90.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Eiffelian economy, worth 720 trillion Society Notes a year, is quite specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Retail, and Information Technology. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 117,113 Society Notes, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
The nation's industries are scrambling to switch to biodegradable plastics, warfare increasingly resembles a video game, The Society Council's mistress is the belle at many state balls, and concussed Volusball players cannot remember their lineup position. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Eiffel's national animal is the Volus, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Siari.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Eiffel was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- : Eiffel was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations (last census: Top 5%).
- : Eiffel was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Popular Tourist Destinations (last census: Top 5%).
- : Eiffel fell out of the regional Top 10% for Smartest Citizens.
- : Eiffel relocated from Lazarus to Albion.
- : Eiffel was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Eiffel ceased to exist.
- : Eiffel was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- : Eiffel was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare.
- : Eiffel was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Lowest Crime Rates.