|Category: Left-Leaning College State|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Disputed Territories of Bottle is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, notable for its happy-go-lucky citizens. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 22.963 billion enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Education, with areas such as Commerce and Healthcare receiving almost no funds by comparison. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 43%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Information Technology industry.
Recent protests against birds flying too low have resulted in bloodshed, nervous homeowners have been blamed for rising death rates amongst carol singers and locksmiths, radio shows frequently feature people denouncing religion, and Members of Parliament operate under a PAYE scheme. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is a problem. Bottle's national animal is the pink flamingo, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the blood of the enemy.
Most Recent Government Activity: 14 days ago
- 47 days ago: Bottle fell out of the world Top 10% for Least Corrupt Governments.
- 70 days ago: Bottle was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Godforsaken.
- 333 days ago: Bottle was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments.
- 1 year 73 days ago: Bottle fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- 1 year 80 days ago: Bottle fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Rebellious Youth.
- 1 year 102 days ago: Bottle fell out of the world Top 10% for Least Corrupt Governments.
- 1 year 146 days ago: Bottle fell out of the regional Top 10% for Smartest Citizens.
- 1 year 194 days ago: Bottle fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Beautiful Environments.
- 1 year 202 days ago: Bottle was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Happiest Citizens (last census: Top 1%).
- 1 year 224 days ago: Bottle was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Rebellious Youth.