The Disputed Territories of Bottle is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its keen interest in outer space, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and smutty television. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cheerful population of 25.9 billion Bottleans enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The large government prioritizes Education, although Environment, Law & Order, and Defense are also considered important, while Industry and Healthcare aren't funded at all. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 61.1%.
The large but stagnant Bottlean economy, worth 140 trillion blood of the enemies a year, is highly specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Automobile Manufacturing, and Gambling. Average income is 5,419 blood of the enemies, with the richest citizens earning 7.5 times as much as the poorest.
Recent protests against birds flying too low have resulted in bloodshed, nervous homeowners have been blamed for rising death rates amongst carol singers and locksmiths, radio shows frequently feature people denouncing religion, and Members of Parliament operate under a PAYE scheme. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Bottle's national animal is the pink flamingo, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Bottle was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Best Weather.
- : Bottle's influence in Osiris rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Bottle's influence in Osiris rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Bottle's influence in Osiris rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Bottle's influence in Osiris rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Bottle's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Bottle was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Cheerful Citizens and Largest Populations and the Top 10% for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens, Nicest Citizens, and Smartest Citizens.
- : Bottle was refounded in Osiris.
- : Bottle ceased to exist.
- : Bottle fell out of the regional Top 10% for Smartest Citizens.