The Disputed Territories of Bottle is a gargantuan, cultured nation, remarkable for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, daily referendums, and smutty television. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, cheerful population of 25.484 billion Bottleans enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The large government prioritizes Education, although Environment, Law & Order, and Defense are also considered important, while Industry and Healthcare aren't funded at all. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 61.1%.
The large but stagnant Bottlean economy, worth 138 trillion blood of the enemies a year, is highly specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Automobile Manufacturing, and Gambling. Average income is 5,434 blood of the enemies, with the richest citizens earning 7.5 times as much as the poorest.
Recent protests against birds flying too low have resulted in bloodshed, nervous homeowners have been blamed for rising death rates amongst carol singers and locksmiths, radio shows frequently feature people denouncing religion, and Members of Parliament operate under a PAYE scheme. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Bottle's national animal is the pink flamingo, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Bottle fell out of the regional Top 10% for Smartest Citizens.
- : Bottle was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Best Weather.
- : Bottle fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Bottle was refounded in Osiris.
- : Bottle ceased to exist.
- : Bottle fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Influential.
- : Bottle was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Smartest Citizens.
- : Bottle was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Bottle was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Bottle was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector.