The Christian Socialist State of Beiyuga is a colossal, orderly nation, ruled by Autocrat Xu Jian with an iron fist, and notable for its prohibition of alcohol, frequent executions, and hatred of cheese. The compassionate, hard-working, cynical, devout population of 5.373 billion Beiyugans are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, well-organized government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Yogo. The average income tax rate is 99.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Beiyugan economy, worth 787 trillion toloras a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Soda Sales. Average income is an impressive 146,504 toloras, with the richest citizens earning 6.4 times as much as the poorest.
Abortions are carried out secretly in shady backstreet clinics, the government spends millions of toloras every year prosecuting spammers, all news sources are under strict government control, and employers may fire workers without giving any reason. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Beiyuga's national animal is the Beiyugan tiger, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Yungi Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Beiyuga was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Beiyuga was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations and Most Extensive Public Healthcare and the Top 5% for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- : Beiyuga was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Governments.
- : Beiyuga's influence in 2nd Asia fell from "Hermit" to "Dealmaker".
- : Beiyuga's influence in 2nd Asia rose from "Squire" to "Hermit".
- : Beiyuga relocated from Lazarus to 2nd Asia.
- : Beiyuga altered its national flag.
- : Beiyuga was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Beiyuga ceased to exist.
- : Beiyuga was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Extensive Public Healthcare.