The Trenchant Order of The Voltarum is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Leita O'Shea with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and national health service. The hard-nosed, democratic population of 30.618 billion Voltaru love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ohm. The income tax rate is 100.0%.
The frighteningly efficient Voltaru economy, worth a remarkable 5,861 trillion volts a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Uranium Mining, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is an impressive 191,430 volts, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
EpiPen sales have skyrocketed, the endangered saltwater humpback electric sloth is only seen in captivity programs, businesses are abandoning the city centre because of the lack of transport connections, and both diets and economic output are growing leaner with recent restrictions to free trade. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Voltarum's national animal is the electric sloth, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Voltarum was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Secular.
- : The Voltarum voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Ozone Layer Protection".
- : The Voltarum rejected a request from Mythos realm for an embassy with Antarctica.
- : The Voltarum rejected a request from Anti Moderator Alliance for an embassy with Antarctica.
- : The Voltarum voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protection of Biomedical Research".
- : The Voltarum voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend The MT Army".
- : The Voltarum voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Voting Equality for Freed Inmates".
- : The Voltarum voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Tsunamy".
- : The Voltarum rejected a request from The United Nations of Justopia II for an embassy with Antarctica.
- : The Voltarum rejected a request from Shrayan Bose for an embassy with Antarctica.