The Trenchant Order of The Voltarum is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Leita O'Shea with a fair hand, and renowned for its parental licensing program, state-planned economy, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, democratic population of 37.895 billion Voltaru hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ohm. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Voltaru economy, worth a remarkable 7,245 trillion volts a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is led by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Uranium Mining, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is an impressive 191,187 volts, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Anti-government web sites are springing up, one tree's worth of paperwork accompanies each imported log of timber, the navy is chrome-plating its battleships to prevent rust, and Voltaru Standard Vodka is the only drink that bars stock. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Voltarum's national animal is the electric sloth, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Voltarum voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Deadeye Jack".
- : The Voltarum voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Freedom of dress".
- : The Voltarum voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Quebecshire".
- : The Voltarum voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Convicted Voters".
- : The Voltarum lodged a message on the Antarctica Regional Message Board.
- : The Voltarum voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Ellenburg".
- : The Voltarum voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Native Prairies and Grasslands".
- : The Voltarum voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Regulation on the Integrity of Genetic Data".
- : The Voltarum voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Citizenship And Birth Act".
- : The Voltarum rejected a request from Matheo for an embassy with Antarctica.