The Stone of Sylestone is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by BILAL with an even hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and smutty television. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 4.959 billion Sylestoneans enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Environment, Education, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bilal City. The average income tax rate is 90.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Sylestonean economy, worth 560 trillion Chookie dollars a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Basket Weaving. Black market activity is extensive. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 113,097 Chookie dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Census workers struggle to account for the rapidly increasing number of citizens to tabulate, citizens finish cleaning up after the annual National Treasure Hunt just in time for the next one, multiple births are a cause of celebration for tax collectors, and BILAL has incinerated the international climate treaty in a public coal-burning ceremony. Crime is totally unknown. Sylestone's national animal is the Chicken, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Atheism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Sylestone's influence in Esportiva rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Sylestone was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments.
- : Sylestone lodged a message on the Esportiva Regional Message Board.
- : Sylestone's influence in Esportiva rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Sylestone was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Black Market.
- : Sylestone voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Valanora".
- : Sylestone's influence in Esportiva rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Sylestone voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Restrictions on Forced Eugenics".
- : Sylestone voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Promotion of Recycling"".
- : Sylestone's influence in Esportiva rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
Endorsements Received: 1 » South Newlandia.