|Currency||Maritime Insurance Note|
The Divine People's Republic of St Oz is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by the Listener with a fair hand, and notable for its unlimited-speed roads, compulsory military service, and infamous sell-swords. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 29.323 billion Ozians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The relatively small, corrupt, outspoken government is dominated by the Department of Education, with Industry, Healthcare, and Defense also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Social Policy are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ozipol. The average income tax rate is 27.1%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient St Ozian economy, worth a remarkable 4,650 trillion Maritime Insurance Notes a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Gambling, and Arms Manufacturing. Black market activity is rampant. Average income is an impressive 158,597 Maritime Insurance Notes, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.9 times as much as the poorest.
Convicts released after being found "wrongfully imprisoned" are surprisingly chill about the whole thing, there are no more heroes any more, new government leaflets tell coeliac children to eat more crisps, and artists from across the nation compete to renovate the restrooms of old government buildings. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. St Oz's national animal is the Civet, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Gaeanism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : St Oz seized the position of Taijitu WA Delegate from The Confederate Princedoms of Zovrestan.
- : St Oz withdrew its endorsement from The Confederate Princedoms of Zovrestan.
- : St Oz was endorsed by The Odds and Ends of Florilandia.
- : St Oz lost the endorsement of The Federation of Graofan.
- : St Oz was endorsed by The Holy Red Zombie Excellence of ChasingLola.
- : St Oz's influence in Taijitu rose from "Enforcer" to "Eminence Grise".
- : St Oz's influence in Taijitu fell from "Eminence Grise" to "Enforcer".
- : St Oz was endorsed by The Federation of Graofan.
- : St Oz was endorsed by The Consitutional Diarchy of Argorinthia.
- : St Oz's influence in Taijitu rose from "Sprat" to "Eminence Grise".