|Currency||Maritime Insurance Note|
The Divine People's Republic of St Oz is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by the Listener with a fair hand, and remarkable for its smutty television, ritual sacrifices, and ubiquitous missile silos. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 29.683 billion Ozians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The relatively small, corrupt, outspoken government is dominated by the Department of Education, with Industry, Healthcare, and Defense also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Social Policy aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ozipol. The average income tax rate is 27.5%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient St Ozian economy, worth a remarkable 4,695 trillion Maritime Insurance Notes a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Gambling, and Arms Manufacturing. Black market activity is rampant. Average income is an impressive 158,184 Maritime Insurance Notes, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.9 times as much as the poorest.
Convicts released after being found "wrongfully imprisoned" are surprisingly chill about the whole thing, there are no more heroes any more, new government leaflets tell coeliac children to eat more crisps, and artists from across the nation compete to renovate the restrooms of old government buildings. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. St Oz's national animal is the Civet, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Gaeanism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : St Oz was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry and the Top 10% for Most Subsidized Industry.
- : St Oz's influence in Taijitu rose from "Sprat" to "Eminence Grise".
- : St Oz relocated from Balder to Taijitu.
- : St Oz was refounded in Balder.
- : St Oz ceased to exist in Taijitu.
- : St Oz was endorsed by The Hot Mess of Peoples Republic of TempleLandia.
- : St Oz was endorsed by The United Socialist States of United Socialist Republics of Finland.
- : St Oz was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : St Oz was endorsed by The Tomatoship of New Delfos.
- : St Oz withdrew its endorsement from The Royal Confederacy of Eluvatar.