|Leader||Speaker Vouina Gelava|
|Currency||Ramelic Communal Drachma|
The Commune of Ramelia is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Speaker Vouina Gelava with a fair hand, and remarkable for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, smutty television, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 11.147 billion Ramelians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ramelion. The average income tax rate is 99.2%.
The frighteningly efficient Ramelic economy, worth a remarkable 2,225 trillion Ramelic Communal Drachmas a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Tourism. Average income is an impressive 199,616 Ramelic Communal Drachmas, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation is illegal, NationStates staff are easily recognizable by their gold-plated mansions, holiday light displays just aren't the same without seizure-inducing strobe effects, and the government has spent days debating the merits of a petition calling for a ban on sporks. Crime is totally unknown. Ramelia's national animal is the bat, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Secularism.
Ramelia is ranked 311,594th in the world and 192nd in The Social Liberal Union for Largest Insurance Industry, scoring -22.05 on the Risk Expulsion Effectiveness Rating.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ramelia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Neasmyrna".
- : Ramelia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Limiting Animal Pathogens"".
- : Ramelia was endorsed by The Democratic States of AADCO.
- : Ramelia approved the World Assembly proposal "Commend the Rejected Realms".
- : Ramelia approved the World Assembly proposal "Ending Domestic Abuse".
- : Ramelia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Numero Capitan".
- : Ramelia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Ramelia was endorsed by The Republic of Topria.
- : Ramelia was endorsed by The Armed Republic of Elysium Corp.
- : Ramelia was endorsed by The United Socialist States of Sun Emerald.
Endorsements Received: 71 » Crindent, Anaaxes, Narkenia, Spielkien, Kalitrastan, Harndon, Tatranian, Grengrout, Cord Isla, Lesser Isola, Thirst Aaj Kal, Dethin, Osagh, Favenland, Arizoka, Northwhistler, Samanaa, Caera, The New Misiones, Asonmay, Kamarid, The Ruddlands, Nootsvile, Astranomia, Greater Wiltshire, Novgonia, Aguandala, Severed state of Greater Cymru, Koiho, Eisentach, Umbronia, Vancovaria, Impera Lunara, The Vooperian Union, Drennicka, Kaland, Idealogues, Aglesha, Soyo Vax, The David Kingdom, Ilargia Lurrana, Nihil101, Muumi, New Balkan Empire, Creesan, Goncar, Arcomo, Anarchic Nation of Zemoya, Nu-Canada, Guevaran States, and 21 others.Icelander Peoples, Oestland, Delux Fat, Darbland, Occasio, Becistan, Rogueport, Militarist Union, Atlasilla, Die Volk, Dialectica, Drewis, Walark, Alans Land, Sun Emerald, Elysium Corp, Topria, Grandton, AADCO, Hieggary, and Likou Jakin.