|Leader||Speaker Naiyir Merihk|
The Commune of Ramelia is a massive, genial nation, ruled by Speaker Naiyir Merihk with a fair hand, and remarkable for its soft-spoken computers, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, democratic population of 3.238 billion Rameliae are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, liberal, outspoken government prioritizes Education, although Administration, Environment, and Healthcare are also considered important, while Defense and Spirituality aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ramelium. The average income tax rate is 95.5%.
The frighteningly efficient Rameliae economy, worth 439 trillion Ramelies a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Tourism. Average income is an impressive 135,659 Ramelies, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Sales of pregnancy testing kits are booming, citizens know never to accept cookies from strangers, autocrats are persona non grata, and incarcerated crime lords manage their empires from massage tables. Crime is totally unknown. Ramelia's national animal is the Grey Wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Secularism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Ramelia, incarcerated crime lords manage their empires from massage tables.
- : Following new legislation in Ramelia, autocrats are persona non grata.
- : Following new legislation in Ramelia, citizens know never to accept cookies from strangers.
- : Following new legislation in Ramelia, sales of pregnancy testing kits are booming.
- : Ramelia lodged a message on the Social Liberal Union Regional Message Board.
- : Ramelia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- : Following new legislation in Ramelia, cyber-crime and tin-foil hat sales are both increasing at record rates.
- : Following new legislation in Ramelia, terrorists are on a first name basis with the officials that stamp their passports.
- : Following new legislation in Ramelia, citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits.
- : Following new legislation in Ramelia, pausing for applause during a speech is seen as a form of censorship.