|Leader||President Walter Lee|
The United Islands of Muralos is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by President Walter Lee with a fair hand, and notable for its soft-spoken computers, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 6.192 billion Muralosians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The enormous, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Urbego. The average income tax rate is 82.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Muralosian economy, worth 630 trillion steloj a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 101,799 steloj, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Meat-eating is frowned upon, old folks reminisce about the last time someone was acquitted of a crime, dubiously qualified East Lebatuckese doctors prescribe ice baths as a treatment for pneumonia, and it is believed that belligerence is a passing phase foreign leaders will soon outgrow. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Muralos's national animal is the Muralosian Hawk, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Muralos was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Best Weather.
- : Following new legislation in Muralos, it is believed that belligerence is a passing phase foreign leaders will soon outgrow.
- : Muralos lodged a message on the Asian Archipelago Regional Message Board.
- : Muralos was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Workforce Participation Rate and the Top 5% for Most Developed.
- : Following new legislation in Muralos, dubiously qualified East Lebatuckese doctors prescribe ice baths as a treatment for pneumonia.
- : Muralos was reclassified from "Liberal Democratic Socialists" to "New York Times Democracy".
- : Following new legislation in Muralos, old folks reminisce about the last time someone was acquitted of a crime.
- : Following new legislation in Muralos, meat-eating is frowned upon.
- : Following new legislation in Muralos, marijuana is legal in the privacy of your own home.
- : Muralos updated the World Factbook entry in Asian Archipelago.