The Federation of Empty Promises is a massive, safe nation, notable for its burgeoning Vulture population. The hard-working population of 1.824 billion Empty Promisesians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Healthcare, and Defense. The average income tax rate is 22.9%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The Empty Promisesian economy, worth 71.6 trillion Credits a year, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Uranium Mining. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 39,241 Credits, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Crime is well under control, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Empty Promises's national animal is the Vulture.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Empty Promises's influence in Coldfalls rose from "Zero" to "Hermit".
- : Empty Promises relocated from The Rejected Realms to Coldfalls.
- : Empty Promises founded the region Coldfalls.
- : Empty Promises's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Empty Promises's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Empty Promises resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Empty Promises relocated from Yorkshire to The Rejected Realms.
- : Empty Promises was ejected and banned from Yorkshire by The Republic of Angst.
- : Empty Promises relocated from England to Yorkshire.
- : Empty Promises's influence in England rose from "Zero" to "Nipper".