|Capital||Under the Couch|
The Olive Green of Eist is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by E Dogg with a fair hand, and remarkable for its anti-smoking policies, rampant corporate plagiarism, and hatred of cheese. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 16.971 billion Eisterians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The large, liberal government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Social Policy. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Under the Couch. The average income tax rate is 94.4%.
The frighteningly efficient Eisterian economy, worth a remarkable 2,696 trillion livers a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism. Average income is an impressive 158,892 livers, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
E Dogg panders to nontraditional families, all industry is owned and run by the government, birth rates have hit an all-time low, and Max Barry is this year's Miss Eist. Crime, especially youth-related, is moderate, probably because of the absence of a police force. Eist's national animal is the goat, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Eist voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Union of Confederate Regions".
- : Eist was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Stationary.
- : Eist voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Ever-Wandering Souls".
- : Eist's influence in Renegade Islands Alliance rose from "Auxiliary" to "Negotiator".
- : Eist's influence in Renegade Islands Alliance rose from "Ambassador" to "Auxiliary".
- : Eist's influence in Renegade Islands Alliance rose from "Diplomat" to "Ambassador".
- : Eist was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Smartest Citizens.
- : Eist voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Texas".
- : Eist was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Best Weather.
- : Eist voted against the World Assembly Resolution "The Cloning Conventions".