The Olive Green of Eist is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by E Dogg with a fair hand, and remarkable for its state-planned economy, smutty television, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 14.829 billion Eisterians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The large, liberal government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Social Policy. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Under the Couch. The average income tax rate is 93.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Eisterian economy, worth a remarkable 2,360 trillion livers a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism. Average income is an impressive 159,174 livers, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
E Dogg panders to nontraditional families, all industry is owned and run by the government, birth rates have hit an all-time low, and Max Barry is this year's Miss Eist. Crime, especially youth-related, is a problem, probably because of the absence of a police force. Eist's national animal is the goat, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Eist withdrew its endorsement from The Citadel of Scepez.
- : Eist was endorsed by The Republic of Cravenholt.
- : Eist endorsed The People's Republic of The Ares Isles.
- : Eist was endorsed by The People's Republic of The Ares Isles.
- : Eist endorsed The Federation of Kalorhia.
- : Eist was endorsed by The Federation of Kalorhia.
- : Eist endorsed The Republic of The Republic of Pluck.
- : Eist was endorsed by The Republic of The Republic of Pluck.
- : Eist endorsed The Rational Republic of Aision.
- : Eist was endorsed by The Rational Republic of Aision.