The Olive Green of Eist is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by E Dogg with a fair hand, and notable for its state-planned economy, punitive income tax rates, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 15.379 billion Eisterians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The large, liberal government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Social Policy. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Under the Couch. The average income tax rate is 93.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Eisterian economy, worth a remarkable 2,444 trillion livers a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism. Average income is an impressive 158,939 livers, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
E Dogg panders to nontraditional families, all industry is owned and run by the government, birth rates have hit an all-time low, and Max Barry is this year's Miss Eist. Crime, especially youth-related, is a problem, probably because of the absence of a police force. Eist's national animal is the goat, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Eist withdrew its endorsement from The Community of Jute.
- : Eist endorsed The Grand Empire of Riveti.
- : Eist's influence in Renegade Islands Alliance rose from "Duckspeaker" to "Envoy".
- : Eist endorsed The Republic of Timothia.
- : Eist was endorsed by The Republic of Timothia.
- : Eist endorsed Dogeia.
- : Eist was endorsed by Dogeia.
- : Eist voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Regulation of Tobacco".
- : Eist endorsed The Empire of Billropa.
- : Eist voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn The Order of the Grey Wardens".