|Capital||Under the Couch|
The Olive Green of Eist is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by E Dogg with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, daily referendums, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 19.16 billion Eisterians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The large, liberal government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Social Policy. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Under the Couch. The average income tax rate is 94.9%.
The frighteningly efficient Eisterian economy, worth a remarkable 3,052 trillion livers a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism. Average income is an impressive 159,332 livers, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
E Dogg panders to nontraditional families, all industry is owned and run by the government, birth rates have hit an all-time low, and Max Barry is this year's Miss Eist. Crime, especially youth-related, is moderate, probably because of the absence of a police force. Eist's national animal is the goat, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Eist's influence in 10000 Islands rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Eist's influence in 10000 Islands rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Eist endorsed The Democratic Free Republic of Karlando.
- : Eist was endorsed by The Democratic Free Republic of Karlando.
- : Eist endorsed The Holy Empire of Yungtopia.
- : Eist was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Eist was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Yungtopia.
- : Eist was endorsed by The I'm sad Grub's leaving of New Fania.
- : Eist endorsed The Republic of Vedrea.
- : Eist endorsed The United States of Sorchamei.