by Max Barry

Latest Forum Topics

10000 Islands RMB
10000 Islands was Commended by Security Council Resolution # 30

WA Delegate (non-executive): The Bop to the Top of Alkasia (elected )

Founder: The United States of Grub

Last WA Update:

Board Activity History Admin Rank

Most World Assembly Endorsements: 8th Most Influential: 10th Most Nations: 12th+6
Largest Black Market: 1,443rd Most Cultured: 1,601st Most Rebellious Youth: 1,680th Most Beautiful Environments: 2,040th Smartest Citizens: 2,140th Most Inclusive: 2,263rd
World Factbook Entry

A Shelter from the Storm!

Welcome to the 10000 Islands! We are a picturesque and friendly archipelago of islands renowned for our white-sand beaches and blue-green waves. This region is not only a prosperous center of culture & trade, but also staunch Defender territory.

We warmly invite you to join our forum located LinkHERE using the name of your nation to register.

We are also home to TITO, our Defender Army, and have over 2700 successful missions to date! We stand against the bullies of this game. If you want to help us fight bullying, join us on our mission.

LinkCLICK HERE TO REQUEST AN EMBASSY!

Please endorse our new Delegate Alkasia.

Join our region's LinkDiscord chat!



  1. 11

    Emissary Report- June 2018

    BulletinNews by Alkasia . 94 reads.

  2. 14

    10000 Island FAQs

    BulletinNews by Woonsocket . 488 reads.

  3. 11

    WA Discussion Threads

    BulletinPolicy by Alkasia . 220 reads.

  4. 13

    Rules of the 10000 Island Regional Message Board

    BulletinPolicy by Woonsocket . 187 reads.

  5. 28

    New XKI Rift Banners

    BulletinNews by Grub . 1,894 reads.

▼ 2 More

Embassies: Texas, Yggdrasil, Renegade Islands Alliance, Canada, Wysteria, Mordor, Global Right Alliance, the Rejected Realms, The East Pacific, Philosophy 115, Deutschland, ITALIA, Nederland, France, India, Valhalla, and 25 others.Wintreath, Australia, Spiritus, The Coalition of Democratic Nations, Europe, The North Pacific, 00000 A World Power, The Western Isles, Arctic, Urbanites, International Northwestern Union, Greater Dienstad, Taijitu, belgium, Middle Earth, The Order of the Grey Wardens, the South Pacific, European Union, Capitalist Paradise, The Union of Democratic States, Philippines, Portugal, Forest, The Hole To Hide In, and The LCRUA.

Tags: Capitalist, Commended, Defender, Democratic, Featured, Game Player, Gargantuan, Map, Offsite Chat, Offsite Forums, and Regional Government.

Regional Power: Extremely High

10000 Islands contains 1,191 nations, the 12th most in the world.

Today's World Census Report

The Most Advanced Law Enforcement in 10000 Islands

World Census interns were framed for minor crimes in order to measure the response times, effectiveness, and amount of firepower deployed by the law enforcement agencies of different nations.

As a region, 10000 Islands is ranked 4,883rd in the world for Most Advanced Law Enforcement.

NationWA CategoryMotto
1.The Sovereign State of Osea IslandDemocratic Socialists“Honor and Glory”
2.The Empire of Ater NoxDemocratic Socialists“Post hoc ergo propter hoc”
3.The Most Sacred Space of Barry GoddardPsychotic Dictatorship“Per Ardua ad Astrology”
4.The Holy International Empire of WolfpredatorIron Fist Consumerists“In a world against us, we will survive through faith”
5.The Unquestioned Brilliance of OzztopiaDemocratic Socialists“Hail to thee, Ozztopia. We shall pwn for thee!”
6.The Union Of Communist Republics of Northern African SaharaDemocratic Socialists“To Communism's triumph lead us on!”
7.The Collective Republic of KyrizstanislavPsychotic Dictatorship“Work for your family, and for everyone”
8.The Omnipotent Power of PhradosInoffensive Centrist Democracy“A phoenix trusts its wings and cares not for the branch”
9.The Mighty War Machine of HarperiansInoffensive Centrist Democracy“Cogito ergo sum”
10.The Unassuming factories full of Illegally processed memesIron Fist Consumerists“perhaps these are better left dead”
1234. . .119120»

Recent polls: “Pickles?”“Which of our fine regional officers is the best?”

Regional Happenings

More...

10000 Islands Regional Message Board

Ah yes I would like to run for an office.

Nemko wrote:Ah yes I would like to run for an office.

First you need to become an XKI citizen by joining the WA and registering on the offsite forum.
Then you have to join a party. After that, all you need is an opportunity to run.

All hail my new flag.
Pretty much sums up my country.

Games like Shadow President remind me that I probably shouldn't be a world leader because eventually I'd start thinking "hey, I'm bored. I wonder how many nukes it'd take to erase Cuba!"

Nemko wrote:Ah yes I would like to run for an office.

I recommend you start here: http://10000islands.proboards.com/board/2/10000-islands-political-parties

Free Federalist States wrote:The second amendment grants the right to organize into militias

It does, in fact, not.

"A well regulated militia [...] shall not be infringed"? I don't think that's a proper English sentence, even in the 18th century. If what you're saying were true, it would be something along the lines of "The right to form a well regulated militia and the right to bear arms shall not be infringed". Note the use of "and" to logically tie together the subjects to which the verb refers. You can see that in your example on the fourth amendement:
"persons, houses, papers, and effects"
"searches and seizures"
etc.

That conjuction is missing from the second amendment, so the verb (shall not be infringed) refers only to the subject in front of it (the right to bear arms).

The part of the second amendment that talks about the well regulated militia does indeed name the cause for that particular right (i.e. the right to bear arms) to not be infringed. It's basic English grammar. You could easily re-write it as "Given that there is a need for a well regulated militia in order to provide security for a free state, the right to bear arms shall not be infringed" without changing the meaning.

Whether or not that right may be infringed for those who aren't part of a militia is a whole different can of worms and as a non-American I will not get into it. That requires an understanding of how to read American laws that goes well beyond basic grammar.

*yawns*

Hmmm, I'm...quite surprised Alkasia got more votes than Woon in the regional poll :'D

Free Federalist States wrote:REMINDER:

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

REMINDER 2:
Only some Americans believe this.

REMINDER 3:
Something being written a long time ago in fancy sounding English does not make it true.

REMINDER 4:
The USA has a gun-related death rate of 11.96 per 100,000 per annum. This is many times higher than in similar westernised democracies with stronger gun control (e.g. UK: 0.23, Australia: 1.04, France 2.83, Canada 2.05).

REMINDER 5:
Tyranny is prevented through well-structured democracy, freedom of expression, separation of powers where appropriate, and a culture of valuing freedom and free action. No amount of guns will help you if elections are corrupted processes, if your president attacks the free press, if your leaders past and present misuse and overuse unilateral executive actions, and if the national narrative is being taken over by a climate of fear. Your best defence against tyranny is not a rifle, as the army and the police will have bigger guns, better armour, bigger budgets and higher tech toys. Your best defence against tyranny is a well-educated population, a police force taught to talk rather than point a gun at you, a budget that doesn't devote too much of taxpayer's money towards the armed forces, and mechanisms to ensure equality of outcome as well as equality of opportunity. Your best chance of that comes from a president who doesn't chummy up with tyrants while turning on democracies, and who doesn't lie routinely as a default position.

A gun is not democracy. A gun is a tool for killing people.

If you want people to die, then fight for your guns.
If you want freedom, then fight for truth, education and social progress.

Avuncula wrote:It isn`t too late to get involved. Join our forum: http://10000islands.proboards.com
Join a political party: http://10000islands.proboards.com/board/2/10000-islands-political-parties

Already have lol. I joined the forum about 170 day ago but it's confusing and i offically give up on it lol

New South-East Canada wrote:Already have lol. I joined the forum about 170 day ago but it's confusing and i offically give up on it lol

Hey man, if you have doubts about the forum set up, feel free to TG me, or any other regional officer or member of the regional government.

Finalanswer Archive wrote:REMINDER 2:
Only some Americans believe this.

REMINDER 3:
Something being written a long time ago in fancy sounding English does not make it true.

REMINDER 4:
The USA has a gun-related death rate of 11.96 per 100,000 per annum. This is many times higher than in similar westernised democracies with stronger gun control (e.g. UK: 0.23, Australia: 1.04, France 2.83, Canada 2.05).

REMINDER 5:
Tyranny is prevented through well-structured democracy, freedom of expression, separation of powers where appropriate, and a culture of valuing freedom and free action. No amount of guns will help you if elections are corrupted processes, if your president attacks the free press, if your leaders past and present misuse and overuse unilateral executive actions, and if the national narrative is being taken over by a climate of fear. Your best defence against tyranny is not a rifle, as the army and the police will have bigger guns, better armour, bigger budgets and higher tech toys. Your best defence against tyranny is a well-educated population, a police force taught to talk rather than point a gun at you, a budget that doesn't devote too much of taxpayer's money towards the armed forces, and mechanisms to ensure equality of outcome as well as equality of opportunity. Your best chance of that comes from a president who doesn't chummy up with tyrants while turning on democracies, and who doesn't lie routinely as a default position.

A gun is not democracy. A gun is a tool for killing people.

If you want people to die, then fight for your guns.
If you want freedom, then fight for truth, education and social progress.

And to your right, you will see the memorial where the American dream went to die at the hands of stone cold logic and rationality.

I am pretty sure that the American lawmakers, bureaucrats and others have actually done a decent amount of research on this as much as anyone else, and if there exist people in the country that don't see logic and facts, but the fear peddled by a propaganda machine, there must be a reason for it, an ulterior motive or objective for the people selling this fear and the resulting misinformation. I firmly believe that if that root is identified and exposed, such debates won't take place over and over again.

Forum View