The Infection of Edgemaster is a gargantuan, orderly nation, ruled by Haruhi Suzumiya with an iron fist, and remarkable for its soft-spoken computers, sprawling nuclear power plants, and absence of drug laws. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 29.707 billion Burst Linkians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The minute, corrupt, well-organized government, or what there is of one, is primarily concerned with Defense, with Industry also on the agenda, while Environment and Social Policy aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Seireitei. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Burst Linkian economy, worth an astonishing 24,829 trillion Gils a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, broadly diversified black market in Arms Manufacturing, Gambling, Soda Sales, and Information Technology. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is a breathtaking 835,813 Gils, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.0 times as much as the poorest.
Babies are increasingly seen as a luxury, computers have been put in control of the economy to keep computers from controlling the economy, suspicious glow-in-the-dark wasps remain a source of terror and awe, and theories abound over why conspiracy theorists are being arrested. Crime, especially youth-related, is so common that it is unusual to encounter someone following the law, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Edgemaster's national animal is the Hollow, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Haruhiism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Edgemaster was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Black Market and Highest Poor Incomes.
- : Following new legislation in Edgemaster, theories abound over why conspiracy theorists are being arrested.
- : Following new legislation in Edgemaster, suspicious glow-in-the-dark wasps remain a source of terror and awe.
- : Following new legislation in Edgemaster, computers have been put in control of the economy to keep computers from controlling the economy.
- : Edgemaster was reclassified from "Compulsory Consumerist State" to "Father Knows Best State".
- : Following new legislation in Edgemaster, babies are increasingly seen as a luxury.
- : Following new legislation in Edgemaster, books are so highly regarded in Edgemaster that libraries are often revered as holy shrines.
- : Edgemaster endorsed The Peaceful Land-Area of GabeWorld.
- : Edgemaster was endorsed by The Peaceful Land-Area of GabeWorld.
- : Following new legislation in Edgemaster, royal princesses are recognizable by their plastic tiaras.