by Max Barry

Latest Forum Topics

Capitalist Paradise RMB

WA Delegate: The Social Democratic States of The United Oman (elected )

Founder: The Capitalist Alliance of The-CID

Last WA Update:

Board Activity History Admin Rank

Most Influential: 22nd Most World Assembly Endorsements: 27th Most Nations: 50th+31
Lowest Overall Tax Burden: 205th Rudest Citizens: 303rd Largest Soda Pop Sector: 344th Highest Disposable Incomes: 362nd Highest Wealthy Incomes: 381st Fattest Citizens: 450th Largest Retail Industry: 479th Most Avoided: 484th Highest Unexpected Death Rate: 687th Highest Crime Rates: 697th Most Rebellious Youth: 715th Most Armed: 729th Highest Economic Output: 738th Largest Gambling Industry: 798th Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector: 854th Largest Mining Sector: 889th Highest Average Incomes: 962nd Largest Furniture Restoration Industry: 1,064th Largest Publishing Industry: 1,080th Largest Timber Woodchipping Industry: 1,093rd Largest Pizza Delivery Sector: 1,172nd Largest Black Market: 1,216th Most Scientifically Advanced: 1,245th Largest Manufacturing Sector: 1,311th Largest Information Technology Sector: 1,341st Largest Insurance Industry: 1,543rd Smartest Citizens: 1,573rd Greatest Rich-Poor Divides: 1,620th Most Corrupt Governments: 1,818th Most Cultured: 1,818th Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector: 2,049th
World Factbook Entry

Welcome to Capitalist Paradise!


LinkConstitutionLinkCapitalistParadise.comLinkCP DiscordRole-play

Founded in May 2003, this is a friendly and secure region for nations with exceptionally strong economies, high civil rights and political freedoms.
All nations
regardless of social, political, or theological makeup are welcome.


~ From Liberty, Prosperity; From Prosperity, Freedom ~



  1. 2

    Capitalist Paradise

    MetaReference by The United Oman . 278 reads.

  2. 6

    Capitalist Paradise | Roleplay

    MetaReference by The United Oman . 855 reads.

  3. 1

    Capitalist Paradise | Embassies

    MetaReference by The United Oman . 309 reads.

  4. 1,041

    NationStates Guide

    MetaReference by Amerion . 44,730 reads.

▼ 1 More

Embassies: the Rejected Realms, The Versutian Federation, Libertatem, The Genesis Corporation, NationStates, Central Pacific Empire, Equinox, Conservative League, Commonwealth of Liberty, The Confederacy of Free Nations, The Coalition of Democratic Nations, New Western Atlantic, Union of Free Nations, 10000 Islands, The Commonwealth Federation, Lands End, and 6 others.The USSN, The NewsStand, Westphalia, Zentari, SECFanatics, and The Empire Of Oppression.

Tags: Capitalist, Democratic, Enormous, Featured, Free Trade, Independent, Industrial, Map, National Sovereigntist, Neutral, Offsite Chat, Offsite Forums, and 3 others.Post-Modern Tech, Regional Government, and Role Player.

Regional Power: Extremely High

Capitalist Paradise contains 241 nations, the 50th most in the world.

Today's World Census Report

The Most Advanced Law Enforcement in Capitalist Paradise

World Census interns were framed for minor crimes in order to measure the response times, effectiveness, and amount of firepower deployed by the law enforcement agencies of different nations.

As a region, Capitalist Paradise is ranked 6,223rd in the world for Most Advanced Law Enforcement.

NationWA CategoryMotto
1.The Holy Realm of Scorpions ArmyInoffensive Centrist Democracy“Stand Fast, Stand Strong, Stand Together”
2.The Federal Kingdom of ChsemoInoffensive Centrist Democracy“Nam eius regiones, quia ea Imperii, Et Imperio Semper”
3.The Benevolent Utopia of KbediansCapitalist Paradise“The infectiousness of crime is like that of the plague.”
4.The Polemic Hagiarchy of ZenzibarPsychotic Dictatorship“That's just the way the system works.”
5.The Empire of StephordIron Fist Consumerists“Acta Non Verba”
6.The Grand Duchy of AcarioNew York Times Democracy“Acabar en éxito”
7.The Democratic Republic of RiskkIron Fist Consumerists“No Guts No Glory”
8.The Holy Empire of Gods MilitiaCorporate Police State“Divine right shines true”
9.The Federation of BrillnuckCivil Rights Lovefest“Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness”
10.The People's Republic of Southern KodiaksIron Fist Consumerists“The third estate chooses the third option.”
1234. . .2425»

Recent polls: “Should the Words "under God" Be in the US Pledge of Allegiance?”“What is the brand of your cell phone?”

Regional Happenings

More...

Capitalist Paradise Regional Message Board

On the Declaration Of Independence I love Jefferson's obvious plagiarism in it. He decided to take John Locke's idea of "life, liberty, and property" and change it to "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness". The United States is founded on Locke's idea more than we think. Despite the change property still continues to be an important part of our nation.
On Locke's building it also shows why socialism is wrong. We have our natural rights that Locke laid out. For socialism to exist the government first has to eliminate that third right of property to seize the means of production. However to assure that seizure the government will have to violate your rights to life and liberty.

Kaputer wrote:On the Declaration Of Independence I love Jefferson's obvious plagiarism in it. He decided to take John Locke's idea of "life, liberty, and property" and change it to "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness". The United States is founded on Locke's idea more than we think. Despite the change property still continues to be an important part of our nation.
On Locke's building it also shows why socialism is wrong. We have our natural rights that Locke laid out. For socialism to exist the government first has to eliminate that third right of property to seize the means of production. However to assure that seizure the government will have to violate your rights to life and liberty.

What about Democratic Socialism?

Kaputer wrote:On the Declaration Of Independence I love Jefferson's obvious plagiarism in it. He decided to take John Locke's idea of "life, liberty, and property" and change it to "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness". The United States is founded on Locke's idea more than we think. Despite the change property still continues to be an important part of our nation.
On Locke's building it also shows why socialism is wrong. We have our natural rights that Locke laid out. For socialism to exist the government first has to eliminate that third right of property to seize the means of production. However to assure that seizure the government will have to violate your rights to life and liberty.

The whole point of the change (quite glaring to any educated person at the time) was that property was not a founding principle. In fact it was in conflict with the other two, given that a very large proportion of property in the country at the time was in the form of slaves. Furthermore, the rights of life and liberty are absolute (and can only be lost under due process), while property rights are not. The society has an automatic claim on a portion of everybody's property and can take as much as it needs with a simple vote (and without any due process). Ben Franklin made this point very explicitly.
Socialism is indeed wrong. But not because of anybody's philosophical writings, but simply because we saw its results.

Midlands wrote:Socialism is indeed wrong. But not because of anybody's philosophical writings, but simply because we saw its results.

Socialism is wrong so long as it is forced upon someone. It may not be wrong naturally speaking but when a person is forced to participate in a socialist system that force is what is wrong. The reason why it isn't wrong to force someone to participate in a free-market capitalist system is that in a free-market capitalist system one gets exactly what they pay for. They are not propped up at the expense of others nor can they be denied the product of their labors. Free-market capitalism is the essence of freedom and so it cannot be wrong and even allows for the freedom of individuals to voluntarily participate in association with like-minded people in a constructed socialist, communist, or fascist system.

Reardenland wrote:Socialism is wrong so long as it is forced upon someone. It may not be wrong naturally speaking but when a person is forced to participate in a socialist system that force is what is wrong. The reason why it isn't wrong to force someone to participate in a free-market capitalist system is that in a free-market capitalist system one gets exactly what they pay for. They are not propped up at the expense of others nor can they be denied the product of their labors. Free-market capitalism is the essence of freedom and so it cannot be wrong and even allows for the freedom of individuals to voluntarily participate in association with like-minded people in a constructed socialist, communist, or fascist system.

Actually people are being forced to participate in a free-market capitalist system. Free markets naturally lead to the emergence of winners and losers, some winners become really big, and many of them will want to engage in anti-competitive behaviors in order to increase their profits even further, thus effectively destroying free markets from within. They have be to forced to refrain from anti-competitive behavior. E.g. you use your weight in the market to threaten your suppliers not to sell anything to your smaller competitors - you go to jail, and if you resist arrest, you get shot. That's brute force, is not it?

Midlands wrote:Actually people are being forced to participate in a free-market capitalist system.

I didn't say they weren't I only said it wasn't immoral to force people into a system of merit, accountability, and freedom.

Reardenland wrote:I didn't say they weren't I only said it wasn't immoral to force people into a system of merit, accountability, and freedom.

Well, I won't disagree with that. But many libertarians will. They want a free-market capitalist system in which nobody is forced to play by the free-market rules, and such system inevitably degenerates into an oligarchy.

Midlands wrote:Well, I won't disagree with that. But many libertarians will. They want a free-market capitalist system in which nobody is forced to play by the free-market rules, and such a system inevitably degenerates into an oligarchy.

While I disagree with your conclusion I understand how some libertarians could push your opinion in that direction. Libertarians don't like my ideas cause they are too conservative and Republicans don't like my ideas cause they are too libertarian. Mike Lee, Rand Paul, Ted Cruz, these are a few of my favorite people that I agree with on a lot of issues. I don't endorse most people but those three I can endorse. With any luck, Lee will be the next supreme court justice.

Read All About It! This Week:

- Bringing you sunshine! The Breakfast Courier is back
- Cripes It is a clone of Sean Connery in The Confederation Coverage
- The OEU News Today marches on
- We've the The Palumban Weekly, and the The Palumban Weekly
- Crazy blocks are removed in the Crazybloxian Times
- Late, I know, but The Union Truth is out there
- The LCRUA Times loses AIR

It's Roulette at the Sands - Place those bets!

I completely forgotten about the fact that we have a website. I haven't been on it since June 2014.

Forum View