by Max Barry

Latest Forum Topics

Advertisement

Commonwealth of Liberty Board

Search

Search

[+] Advanced...

Author:

Region:

Sort:

«12. . .86,05086,05186,05286,05386,05486,05586,056. . .86,38886,389»

Canovia wrote:| Yuri would smile at the comments made towards her country. She took pride in Japan’s accomplishments much like the Balkans did with theirs. |

    YURI HAYASHI: ”Yes, Japan continues to advance in many ways. I am sure your cities will have those glass buildings soon.”

Zhivka Petrova:
We certainly hope to. Now, forgive my memory, but what are you studying Yuri? You seem very bright and eloquent.

| Petrova looks back in the car at Yuri, the elder Petrov drives the suv into the basement car park of a Stalinist style apartment building. The apartments has been recently converted to luxury style apartments, and mostly sold off to state employees and business figures. |

Col. Radko Mikhaelov Petrov:
This is our building, we live up on the top floor. Luckily we can just take the elevator.

    | A FIRE BURNS IN DJAKARTA |

    Noon, Djakarta, May 19th 1995

| Nine days have passed since the Pro-Wahid protests in Djakarta. It is bright outside at Abdurrahman Wahid's residence in the capital. He is waiting for someone to arrive and pick him up and transport him out of the city, He doesn't want to stay in Djakarta for long, soon the capital would be a battleground. A few weeks ago Wahid met with members of the military who are supportive of him, as well as the defense minister, to discuss a plan on how to remove President Megawati from power. Their plans eventually formed into a military takeover of Djakarta, as well as an assassination of Megawati, who was currently in Sulawesi inspecting infrastructure for a future infrastructure plan in Sulawesi. The first part of the plan was seizing control of Merdeka Bridge, the bridge that connected the islands of Sumatra and Java. |

| A black car eventually arrived at Wahid's residence and he entered the car. Inside was his Defense Minister. Wahid turned to his defense minister, Purnomo Yusgiantoro. |

    Abdurrahman Wahid: "Any news on the Merdeka Bridge? Is it closed?"

Yusgiantoro nods his head, confirming that the bridge was closed by the military, then they drove off, intending to leave the city, but not to go very far. Far enough that they can return to the city if the coup is successful, and far enough that they can flee the country by plane, to Australia if they have to.

___

    Evening, Djakarta, May 19th 1995

| The screaming of jets was heard overhead in Djakarta, and soon after the cracking and thundering of gunfire is heard. Soldiers outside the city were ordered to block off major roads, and let no one in and no one out of the city. The coup was beginning. Soldiers in the city were ordered to seize control of the TVRI News Station to announce a coup was taking place. Two jeeps carrying 5 soldiers each sped towards the TVRI News Station. The soldiers marched and pushed past anyone that dared get in their way. They pushed through until they reached the studio where the news was already broadcasting and pointed their loaded weapons at the newscasters and ordered them to repeat after them. |

| A soldier barked directions at at the newscaster on what to say, and they went on air. |

    TVRI Newscaster "The armed forces has seized control of Indonesia, to remove from power the illegitimate President Megawati, and remove the forces of socialism from Indonesia. Martial Law has been temporarily put in place, and a new constitution will be drafted. A curfew has additionally been put in place and anyone found violating this curfew will be punished severely"

| Soon after, Megawati got news of what was happening in Makassar, Sulawesi. One thing the coup plotters underestimated was the power of privately run TV stations. Megawati was put on the phone on multiple of these TV stations, and called out to the people. She called for them to take to the streets of Djakarta, to march against the plotters. Her plan worked and thousands took to the streets, opposing the military curfew and occupation of the city. Then she sped to the airport and flew to Djakarta. This coup was not organized well, multiple officers integral to the chain of command had been shot by loyalists, or police. This caused orders to be carried out disorderly and uncoordinatedly. Adding to that all the higher ranking officers bar one or two opposed this coup. Even some who were supporters of Wahid. |

| All the while the military was continually bombarding the city. Jets flew over the city dropping bombs on government buildings, tanks and other military vehicles rolled through the streets and troops continued to block major roads with makeshift blockades. A jet loaded with a bomb screamed over the skyscrapers and houses of South Djakarta, where it dropped multiple barrages of bombs on the Indonesian National Police Headquarters. Just outside the city of Djakarta sat the National Parliament Building. An order was given to fire upon the building. Down at the TVRI Building a massive crowd of both civilians and police forced into the building and "neutralized" the pro coup soldiers. Soon after TVRI went back on the air, and the broadcasters announced they were taken hostage and forced to read the coup declaration, or else they would have been shot. Thousands of people marched out into the streets and squares and protested the curfew, and occupation of the city. The most gathered at Merdeka Square. Mosques turned on the loudspeakers they usually used to announce the call to prayer. It wasn't a call to prayer they announced but a call to action. They recited what President Megawati said, and continually called out for people to take to the streets in protest. |

| President Megawati's plane successfully landed in Sukarno-Hatta International Airport in Djakarta. She made a speech in front of thousands denouncing the coup plotters and called again for the people to rise up against the pro-coup soldiers. Eventually a combination of some civilians and local police overpowered the soldiers blockading the roads, opening up travel inside the city. Pro-Government planes were flying around the city shooting down all pro-coup jets and helicopters they could find. After an hour of this the pro-coup forces surrendered. Outside of Djakarta, in a small private airport a plane would take off, carrying Abdurrahman Wahid, Purnomo Yusgiantoro and various officers that orchestrated the coup. The coup was foiled, but those that orchestrated it wouldn't be staying in Indonesia for long. |

Liberalina wrote:| Edmund Rothschild would sport a sleek black suit, custom made in Italy and tailored to his fit, costing him a little over 10,000 pounds, he'd accept Milosevic's handshake. |

Edmund Leopold de Rothschild: "Slobodan, an absolute pleasure to see you once again! You've become much more powerful then the last time I saw you."

| Rothschild would sip on the glass of Campagne. |

Edmund Leopold de Rothschild: "You wouldn't happen to have a Cohiba cigar from Cuba? I have to smuggle them in but their quality lessens due to travel times."

| Milosevic reaches into the inside pocket of his Armani suit jacket, and retrieves another Cuban cigar for Rothschild. |

Slobodan Milosevic, President:
“I would say the same about you, but I don’t think it’s possible to get much more powerful when you’re born a Rothschild. [He chuckles and hands the cigar to Rothschild.] Take this one for old times sake, my friend. Let’s have a seat.”

| He sits down on one of his couches, waiting for Rothschild to do the same. |

Not Xav wrote:| Federal President Slobodan Milosevic invites President Franz Sabitzer to visit Belgrade and discuss joint projects in the EU and cooperation between their nations. |

| President Franz Sabitzer graciously accepts this invite to visit Belgrade. He hopes the discussions on joint projects in the EU will further cooperation between their respective nations. |

(Do you want to skip straight to the meeting?)

Otsla
Yarosluv

Alright NOW we can start/continue our leader meetings

it's 96 F who would do this why would you do it how stop
i am literally wearing the least amount of clothes where i still have some bit of decency but good lordt too hot

no invasion today, come back tomorrow

Valijun wrote:
    | A FIRE BURNS IN DJAKARTA |

    Noon, Djakarta, May 19th 1995

Sensational read ^>^!

The Shining Purple Light wrote:it's 96 F who would do this why would you do it how stop
i am literally wearing the least amount of clothes where i still have some bit of decency but good lordt too hot

It's only 71 F in Vegas

Last year this time it was 100+

Why do you suffer more than us right now?

Bomoko wrote:Sensational read ^>^!

thank you!

I got most of my advice for how to write coup rps or just how coups work from Amsterwald and Antagarichh. So big thanks to Chase and Joe, because without their help this rp wouldn't exist, or would just be a short after it happened news report style rp

Sisuvia wrote:It's only 71 F in Vegas

Last year this time it was 100+

Why do you suffer more than us right now?

the heat index is 101 rn help me

Bomoko wrote:Sensational read ^>^!

it's too hot to read bomoko :(

The Shining Purple Light wrote:it's too hot to read bomoko :(

how did the mesopotamians invent writing if it was always this hot

Isn’t there anywhere to go swimming where you are?🤔

Bomoko wrote:Isn’t there anywhere to go swimming where you are?🤔

i live in the mountains and i can't swim bomoko :(((((((((((((((((

Not Xav wrote:| Milosevic reaches into the inside pocket of his Armani suit jacket, and retrieves another Cuban cigar for Rothschild. |

Slobodan Milosevic, President:
“I would say the same about you, but I don’t think it’s possible to get much more powerful when you’re born a Rothschild. [He chuckles and hands the cigar to Rothschild.] Take this one for old times sake, my friend. Let’s have a seat.”

| He sits down on one of his couches, waiting for Rothschild to do the same. |

| Rothschild would take the cigar, and lighting it before taking a seat on one of the couches |

Edmund Leopold de Rothschild "I suppose not, but our family and its finances have suffered due to the weakening state of the British Empire."

The Shining Purple Light wrote:i live in the mountains and i can't swim bomoko :(((((((((((((((((

The river

Victoria Harbor wrote:The river

i don't like drowning thank you
the catawba is a fast-moving river that's like 30 feet deep

    𝐈𝐍𝐕𝐈𝐓𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 𝐓𝐎 𝐁𝐀𝐆𝐇𝐃𝐀𝐃

Thee Iraqi government congratulates madam President, Megawati Sukarnoputri. On her victory over the attempted coup by traitors who are more then likely western backed agents attempting to hand over Indonesia to the West. Our honorable President Saddam Hussein wishes to fully cement Iraqi-Indonesian relations, as Iraq had and always supported Indonesian liberation despite the West and other certain other nations supporting the white supremacist regime of the Dutch settlers. We hope to see you soon, may Allah bring forth greater prosperity to Indonesia and her peoples.

Valijun

Not Xav wrote:Zhivka Petrova:
We certainly hope to. Now, forgive my memory, but what are you studying Yuri? You seem very bright and eloquent.

| Petrova looks back in the car at Yuri, the elder Petrov drives the suv into the basement car park of a Stalinist style apartment building. The apartments has been recently converted to luxury style apartments, and mostly sold off to state employees and business figures. |

Col. Radko Mikhaelov Petrov:
This is our building, we live up on the top floor. Luckily we can just take the elevator.

    YURI HAYASHI: ”Oh, I am here to study International Relations and European History & Language. I hope with what I learn, I can help those in Japan and perhaps travel to other places.”

| She would look at the luxury apartments with amazement. She had a different lifestyle back in Japan which made the apartment seem more exciting. |

    YURI HAYASHI: ”I am sure there are many apartments like these in Japan but none in Kyōto. I have many questions about everything!”

Otsla wrote:
    𝐈𝐍𝐕𝐈𝐓𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 𝐓𝐎 𝐁𝐀𝐆𝐇𝐃𝐀𝐃

Thee Iraqi government congratulates madam President, Megawati Sukarnoputri. On her victory over the attempted coup by traitors who are more then likely western backed agents attempting to hand over Indonesia to the West. Our honorable President Saddam Hussein wishes to fully cement Iraqi-Indonesian relations, as Iraq had and always supported Indonesian liberation despite the West and other certain other nations supporting the white supremacist regime of the Dutch settlers. We hope to see you soon, may Allah bring forth greater prosperity to Indonesia and her peoples.

Valijun

| President Megawati accepts President Saddam's most gracious invitation, and shall be arriving in Baghdad soon |

(skip to meeting or nah?)

EFDD+ENF projected to get a combined total of 113 seats, glorious.

https://election-results.eu/

Golden Dawn - 6%
Okay time to snap a good portion of Greece.

INDOCHINESE FOREIGN RELATIONS BUREAU:

[ President Megawati Sukarnoputri of Indonesia Valijun, has been invited to Indochina for a meeting with Chairman Nguyen. While it wasn’t that long ago that Indonesia’s previous president & Indochina’s late chairman had a meeting, Indochina’s new incumbent has seen it fit to make sure that the two countries’ governments are still on the same page. ]

The Shining Purple Light wrote:Golden Dawn - 6%
Okay time to snap a good portion of Greece.

agreed, the COMMUNISTS got 6%

«12. . .86,05086,05186,05286,05386,05486,05586,056. . .86,38886,389»

Advertisement