|Faith||Religion of personality|
The United Socialist States of Tropicon is a massive, orderly nation, ruled by Comrade Otto with an iron fist, and notable for its digital currency, irreverence towards religion, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 1.38 billion Tropiconians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The large, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ottograd. The average income tax rate is 66.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Tropiconian economy, worth 126 trillion Smekels a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized black market in Arms Manufacturing, Door-to-door Insurance Sales, Woodchip Exports, and Information Technology. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 91,656 Smekels, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Poets and writers are regularly rounded up and shot for entertainment, fancy dress parties are raided by military police for new recruits, public shaming is the bedrock of Tropiconian society, and the state auctions off combat drones to fund war reparations. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, despite the fact that it is difficult to make it through a day without breaking one of the country's many laws. Tropicon's national animal is the Eve, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Religion of personality.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Tropicon lost the endorsement of The Kingdom of The Grand Chaseland.
- : Tropicon's influence in Amestris rose from "Dealmaker" to "Enforcer".
- : Tropicon approved the World Assembly proposal "Commend The Church of Satan".
- : The Kingdom of King Bradley dismissed Tropicon as Head of The Culture Department of Amestris.
- : Tropicon was endorsed by The Kingdom of The Grand Chaseland.
- : Tropicon's influence in Amestris rose from "Instigator" to "Dealmaker".
- : Tropicon voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Xoriet".
- : Tropicon approved the World Assembly proposal "Commend Xoriet".
- : Tropicon voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Don't Kill the Poor Act".
- : Tropicon lost the endorsement of The Queendom of Muunan Territory.