The Republic of Testa is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Caterina Nogson with a fair hand, and notable for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, irreverence towards religion, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 19.383 billion Testans are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, socially-minded government is primarily concerned with Education, with Environment, Healthcare, and Welfare also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Defense are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Noghaven. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Testan economy, worth a remarkable 5,502 trillion Groats a year, is quite specialized and dominated by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Information Technology, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an amazing 283,898 Groats, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Internet searches for the inventor of the three-wheeled steam-powered Testan weed picker are way up, knitters are arrested for carrying needles in their bags, children are disappointed to learn that cavemen never had a yabba-dabba-doo time riding dinosaurs to work, and the government is avowedly secular. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Testa's national animal is the Mongoose, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Atheist.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Testa, the government is avowedly secular.
- : Following new legislation in Testa, children are disappointed to learn that cavemen never had a yabba-dabba-doo time riding dinosaurs to work.
- : Following new legislation in Testa, knitters are arrested for carrying needles in their bags.
- : Testa changed its national faith to "Atheist".
- : Following new legislation in Testa, internet searches for the inventor of the three-wheeled steam-powered Testan weed picker are way up.
- : Testa altered its national flag.
- : Testa's influence in 10000 Islands rose from "Nipper" to "Vassal".
- : Following new legislation in Testa, 10-year-olds who struggle with integrating by parts are considered slow learners.
- : Testa relocated from Lazarus to 10000 Islands.
- : Testa was refounded in Lazarus.