The Republic of Testa is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Caterina Nogson with an even hand, and notable for its smutty television, daily referendums, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 17.065 billion Testans enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The enormous, socially-minded government is primarily concerned with Education, although Environment, Healthcare, and Welfare are also considered important, while Spirituality and Defense aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Noghaven. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Testan economy, worth a remarkable 4,754 trillion Groats a year, is quite specialized and dominated by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Information Technology, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an amazing 278,594 Groats, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Hundreds of subterranean tunnels are being built as part of "Project Morlock", chess hooliganism is on the rise after the banning of organised sports, dozens of additional foreign policy specialists have been sent to the country's WA Mission, and crowds of flag-burning protesters tend to accidentally become crowds of burning protesters. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Testa's national animal is the Mongoose, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Testa, crowds of flag-burning protesters tend to accidentally become crowds of burning protesters.
- : Following new legislation in Testa, dozens of additional foreign policy specialists have been sent to the country's WA Mission.
- : Testa was endorsed by The Constitutional Republic of Marxist Germany.
- : Following new legislation in Testa, chess hooliganism is on the rise after the banning of organised sports.
- : Following new legislation in Testa, hundreds of subterranean tunnels are being built as part of "Project Morlock".
- : Following new legislation in Testa, companies struggle to cover for the hordes of employees on parental leave.
- : Following new legislation in Testa, Little League matches are often attended by riot police with water cannon... just in case.
- : Following new legislation in Testa, extreme political groups are outlawed.
- : Testa was reclassified from "Left-wing Utopia" to "Scandinavian Liberal Paradise".
- : Following new legislation in Testa, the fire protection service is wholly government-funded.
Endorsements Received: 59 » The Soylent Green Party, Tzo, Seranis, Earth Federation, Solleana, Achiotopia, Slaytania, Coreras, Iontan, Spncrgmn, Zyrcrestia, Blogotopia, Zeklandia, The Tasmanian Islands, Zeganas, Perzische Keizer, Better Indonesia, Seantonia, Kyrizstanislav, Oom, Future of Mankind, Chip Skylark, DunNaGall, Lacuna, Edorask, Hawalius, Anollasia, Kilenel, Karlando, HN67, Lamborghini Murcielago, North Southumberland, Austral Coast, Colonel Terrosit, Pax Athena, Serlone, Sygnafylki, Dustwind, Palman, Finswedeway, Killettland, Aspistania, Maalemzya, Adorable Kittens, Leirkra, Wysrod, The Texas Faction, Cape Vessey, Anisopterra, Dovant, and 9 others.New Fania, Echocrimsonia, Nooooooooooooooo, Polka Republic, The City States Of Las Vegas, Sorya, Cyber Revolution, Kuriko, and Aozora Blu Sky.