|Leader||President Theodore Franklin|
The Democratic States of Terlibe is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by President Theodore Franklin with a fair hand, and remarkable for its keen interest in outer space, smutty television, and daily referendums. The compassionate, democratic population of 11.121 billion Terlibians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Libertatis. The average income tax rate is 93.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Terlibean economy, worth a remarkable 1,142 trillion Mallers a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 102,769 Mallers, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Advert breaks are played at lower volumes to make them easier to ignore, calling dibs is an unalienable right, social networking sites have discussion groups devoted to planning terrorist attacks, and re-education centers are being added to most prisons. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Terlibe's national animal is the Giraffe, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Terlibe was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Upper Chult.
- : Terlibe was reclassified from "Scandinavian Liberal Paradise" to "Left-wing Utopia".
- : Terlibe endorsed The Commonwealth of PS Suisse.
- : Terlibe was endorsed by The Commonwealth of PS Suisse.
- : Terlibe's influence in Democratic Socialist Assembly rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Terlibe was endorsed by The Socialist Confederation of Oh my god it is so hard to find a name.
- : Following new legislation in Terlibe, re-education centers are being added to most prisons.
- : Following new legislation in Terlibe, social networking sites have discussion groups devoted to planning terrorist attacks.
- : Following new legislation in Terlibe, calling dibs is an unalienable right.
- : Following new legislation in Terlibe, advert breaks are played at lower volumes to make them easier to ignore.
Endorsements Received: 23 » Dekks, Venovica, United Syndicates of Sol, Liossalde, Proxmire, Maupedonia, Gallo Republic, AtlasBarfed, Silabar, Pyceiline, Silverfish37, Requand, Ezechard, Qingling, Mauvemarke, Dracran Bat, Free Van Chet, Democratic Republic of Cacusia, Varavano, Siriza, Talamia, Oh my god it is so hard to find a name, and Upper Chult.